Dynojet Quick Shifter

O-Factor

Registered
Hello,
Who is using the DynoJet quick shifter and how do you like it? I am considering an airshifter and this is a cheaper option because I allready have the PC3. There are the three ways of activating it one is a push button this must just send a trigger voltage to shift, was thinking about wiring it to a shift light for "automatic" shifting anyone played with this before? Thanks for any input, talk to you later,
"O"

i´m running my quickshifter for about 10.000 mls till now. i don´t use it with a pcIII, but with the qs-ignition module. function and installing is the same.
if you use the original 1st-gear-down gear scheme you have to install the push-sensor. it has to be mounted between gearlever and frame. i drilled a hole into the lever, but did not drilled the frame - cause i don´t like to torture the frame just for installing a small sensor. so i took some alloy and build a support, which is mounted to the footpegsrews. the plate got a bunch of wholes, what makes it very flexible to adjust the sensor. works very fine to me.
the shifter makes no sense while cruising on the highways or in the streets at lower speeds and rpms. in these cases i still use the clutch when shifting. but if the devil is behind you and you hardly accelarate the bike - the qs is worth every cent - and much more. what i like most is the fact, that the bike stays much more stable while changing the gears, cause you don´t have to use your hands anymore. the throttle stays full open and your fingers can stay at the bar - no need to reach for the clutch lever. it´s a way safer, easier and much more fun this way. i don´t want to miss it anymore. shifting with the qs is about three times faster than doing it the old fashioned way.

qs1.JPG

I'm using the switch and using my foot to make the change. Just pre-load the shifter and hit button... poor man's shifter

I appreciate the input, I was actually mistaken by it and thought it was similare to the Pingel (sp) electric shifter, still food for thought. I would want to go back to the air shifter because I took my bike to the track for the first time and at 6-3 near 300lbs with my Darth Vador suit on it was tuff for me to get to the shifter fast enough to get out of first, (I went down to a 16 in the front, which by the way is the best bang for the $, to anyone reading this who is wondering as I did for months) I bounced it hard of the rev limiter once and was a little scared to come out to hard again, I also dumped the clutch and horified the rear tire which didn't help matters, (6 inch over with Shinko 200 Ultra soft, did much better traction wise when I dropped it to 10lbs) Thanks for the input and talk to you later,
"O"

From my mechainc feedback that runs the dyno machine,he told me its better to fix up the quickshifter to the ignition module rather than to the usb module port.He says it may mulfunction sometimes for the quickshifter,due to the interference from either 1.

Back