Will my factory shift light auto shift?

Basically this would be similar to the smithabusa setup (shift light/autoshifter). Hardest part would be getting the wiring done so that the light coming on triggers the relay to shift.

You would have to open up the cluster and separate out the shift light ground (the cluster uses a common ground if I recall correctly) and run that out as a separate wire through the trigger side of the relay. You would then run the trigger output of the relay to ground. This would cause the shift light to energize the trigger side when it comes on (make sure it is set to come on steady, if it blinks you will get multiple shifts), the relay should have very low trigger side draw so it shouldn't hurt anything running it that way. Good Luck :thumbsup:

You would have to open up the cluster and separate out the shift light ground (the cluster uses a common ground if I recall correctly) and run that out as a separate wire through the trigger side of the relay. You would then run the trigger output of the relay to ground. This would cause the shift light to energize the trigger side when it comes on (make sure it is set to come on steady, if it blinks you will get multiple shifts), the relay should have very low trigger side draw so it shouldn't hurt anything running it that way. Good Luck :thumbsup:

Thanks!!! :beerchug:

I'm trying to do this now and testing on the shift light led I get 1 volt ground on both legs with the light off when the light comes on one jumps to 4 volt ground and the other goes to 7 volt ground please help!!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

I've also wired both leads into a relay to bump up to a chassis ground no luck. Please help!
Posted via Mobile Device

Back