curious what others use to carry gear on trips

I just rode 5 days and 1600 miles, mostly on twisty roads, with cortec saddle and tail bag. Carried clothes for 2 people and you really don't even notice it's there. It's what I'd use and reasonably priced.

I also had a cortec tankback, but some riders don't like tankbags they DO interfere with hard, sporty riding, but if you are cruising they are great too. Keep bike clean and use painters tape in a few places and you are good to go.

flighty...i have a gen2 so I can't tell you...but someone else has a new thread going today about Givi cases and i think i read that there are adapter kits available for gen1...

Can you put Givi cases on a Gen 1. The website only gives options for Gen 2???

You sure can.

For the top case, you need the following part, and the Givi adapter plate under the options.

TwistedThrottle.com : ...by What Fits My Bike - Suzuki - Hayabusa GSX1300R, '99-'07 -

For side cases you need the following rack kit and the Givi adapters under options. The quick release locks are worth the extra $40 too :)

TwistedThrottle.com : SW-Motech Quick-Lock Sidecarrier (Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa, '99-'07) EVO Style for Givi, Micatech, Trax & Pelican Sidecases - KFT.05.203.20000.B

Nelson Riggs soft saddle bags, on and off easy, carries into the room like luggage. I pack light............Great God Semi :laugh:

This is my first year with the hard bag set-up, always used soft bags. LOVE the hard bag set-up , its so easy and clean looking. Waterproof too....I hated strappping the soft bags onto various points on the bike and with the shape of the tail end, the bags bend to conform and it puts stress on the zippers.

You lose space with the bend of the bags as well. I have the Maxia 55 and a variety of other sizes, the E41's are awesome with the little door you can flip open, when we stopped I would just put my valubles in there, easy-peezy..

Just lock them up and walk away....Brilliant. No more soft bags for me...

Army Duffel :rulez:

pics nov 2010 252.jpg

pics nov 2010 608.jpg

Ventura system (i think Pashnit is carrying these now)...here are a couple pics

#1 rack attachments under the seat and at Frankenstein bolts
#2 with rear seat on
#3 with single bag facing forward (can be turned around to the rear if you are carrying a passenger)
#4 double bags when touring

you can get waterproof covers for the single and double bag set-ups :beerchug:

holy **** that's a lot of stuff.

Thanks for all the replies...I would have replied sooner but I had to deal with freakin sate farm because one of there drivers hit my pu truck. Like a good neighbor state farm isn't there.

I also forgot to subscribe to my own thread...so I didn't realize anyone else posted back. A lot of great ideas and pics I may end up going with that rack that fits the 2 backpacks and the tankbag with a lock ring (least that's what I'm thinking;)
BA BUSA...thanks for the idea, never thought about using painter's tape.

hemi...thanks for the info...I saw the lock ring styles when I was looking around once before. I think I'll probally go with this setup for the tank bag.

kromdom, thanks for the links and the info on the bags you use

sous, I'll have to look into these I like the idea of being able to carry stuff into the hotel.

Hit it semi, thanks for the pics and the ideas...looks good, and looks like it can carry a lot;)

speedfiend looks like it can carry an adequate amount of gear, thanks for the input:)

busa1166 thanks for the insight on the bags

Infidel...they sound like they are pretty reasonable at the 700 price range (I doubt I would be doing too many 130mph stints if I was touring...lol)

2hip that looks good and sturdy;)

jphilipson, busawhipped, flighty, thanks for the contributions;)

Gregor6 I saw that too...but it got horrible reviews under the twisted throttle site...it might have been the motorcycle superstore site....but one of them it had really horrible reviews for that tail bag.

0132SVTsaleent883 thanks for the info;)

peterbusa, that looks like it would work great for overnight...but not for a 4 plus day ride:)

sky divr...If I'm going from one coast to the other I'm not trying to set any landspeed records or go around curves the fastest I can so I'm not trying to ride it to the fullest and be agressive around the corners;) but thanks for the additional thought about that ;)

shaft it looks good, whole lot of storage;)

dadofthree, thanks for the input

theschnizzle thanks for the insight on the tail section curve, I had thought about it and didn't know exactly how softbags would work on it

Gregor6 I saw that too...but it got horrible reviews under the twisted throttle site...it might have been the motorcycle superstore site....but one of them it had really horrible reviews for that tail bag.

Thats good to know. :thumbsup: I was really thinking about getting it.

Thanks for all the replies...I would have replied sooner but I had to deal with freakin sate farm because one of there drivers hit my pu truck. Like a good neighbor state farm isn't there.

I also forgot to subscribe to my own thread...so I didn't realize anyone else posted back. A lot of great ideas and pics I may end up going with that rack that fits the 2 backpacks and the tankbag with a lock ring (least that's what I'm thinking
BA BUSA...thanks for the idea, never thought about using painter's tape.

hemi...thanks for the info...I saw the lock ring styles when I was looking around once before. I think I'll probally go with this setup for the tank bag.

kromdom, thanks for the links and the info on the bags you use

sous, I'll have to look into these I like the idea of being able to carry stuff into the hotel.

Hit it semi, thanks for the pics and the ideas...looks good, and looks like it can carry a lot;)

speedfiend looks like it can carry an adequate amount of gear, thanks for the input:)

busa1166 thanks for the insight on the bags

Infidel...they sound like they are pretty reasonable at the 700 price range (I doubt I would be doing too many 130mph stints if I was touring...lol)

2hip that looks good and sturdy

jphilipson, busawhipped, flighty, thanks for the contributions;)

0132SVTsaleent883 thanks for the info;)

peterbusa, that looks like it would work great for overnight...but not for a 4 plus day ride:)

sky divr...If I'm going from one coast to the other I'm not trying to set any landspeed records or go around curves the fastest I can so I'm not trying to ride it to the fullest and be agressive around the corners;) but thanks for the additional thought about that ;)

shaft it looks good, whole lot of storage;)

dadofthree, thanks for the input

theschnizzle thanks for the insight on the tail section curve, I had thought about it and didn't know exactly how softbags would work on it

Awesome post :thumbsup:

I've never seen such a concise thank you post on a thread :laugh:

Awesome post :thumbsup:

I've never seen such a concise thank you post on a thread :laugh:

:thumbsup: pretty detailed.
:poke: guess he didn't like the duffel idea.:laugh:
:whistle: if it's good enough for our troops, it's good enough for me and besides their free!!!

oh, and good luck with your luggage choice Stang. :beerchug:

I know I am way late on posting this, but here is some pics I took of the case before it was mounted on the bike. Also in the pics is the awesome B-Day present my better half got me. I have been using the case for over a month now and love it. Very clean design, very light when empty, easy to carry as a luggage when loaded, spacious, & simple to mount and remove. The only time I have known it was back there was when I loaded it with about 30 lbs of stuff (I know it states to put only 16 lbs in it) going home from work one day. When I laid in a curve it felt like there was a passenger back there and when I accelerated hard and shifted into second, the front end came up about a foot. This bike was lowered 2" in the rear and I was leaning forward when doing it. So the placement of the case being far back will cause the bike to handle differently when loaded heavy. Other than that I don't even know it's back there. Oh and the wife loves the backrest on long trips.

DSC02800.jpg

DSC02801.jpg

DSC02805.jpg

DSC02802.jpg

Back