Soft luggage, what do you use?

Dennis The Menace

Donating Member
Registered
Hope to do alot more riding next year than I did this year. A few over nighters, hopefully the fall bash. But I will need to pick up some more luggage. I was thinking just a tail bag, already have a good tank bag. Do you just strap your tail bag to the passenger seat? Is that secure enough? Don't really want to have to strap around the tail section, possible scratch etc.

Last edited:
Always use painters tape with soft/temporary bags. I scratched the crap out of my tail. But the bags are great!

Eureka 09 001.jpg

I use a Cortech set of bags. They have a neoprene backing on each bag to guard against scratching or rubbing. Used them on many a trip and held all kinds of heavy and hard objects. The side bags have one thin and one fat velcro strap that goes across the passenger seat, but i have laid them under the hump if i just used the two side bags. the front and back of each bag has click fasteners that go to the passenger peg and undertail. I have installed 2 small hooks in the undertail, but you can just hook them together under the tail.
the top bag is a duffle style, but i also have a wedge type smaller bag for shorter trips. Both bags click fasten to the side bags and everything stays quite secure and stable. I have transported quite a few heavy items..(quart jars full of :whistle:) 350-375mi to the bash and had no isssues.
A few pics.

Spring Bash 09 001.JPG

CIMG0716.jpg

CIMG0783.JPG

Nelson Riggs, cheap, well made, large enough for two to pack for a weekend ( one being female ), install and remove in seconds, and carry like luggage to the room. I love mine.

I carry these and they are well made and a great price..even can get tank bag with a bladder...colored insets to match bikes.

Think it's less than $525 tyd for the whole kit..

Picture 4634.jpg

Picture 4636.jpg

Picture 4631.jpg

Just how much stuff do you use in those bags, just wondering. i want to go to ireland and the isle of man next year thinking tank bag and back pack. I will base out of newry ireland at friends.

Just how much stuff do you use in those bags, just wondering. i want to go to ireland and the isle of man next year thinking tank bag and back pack. I will base out of newry ireland at friends.

A loaded back pain can be a serious pain in the shoulders on long rides. That's why I invested in the soft bags.

A loaded back pain can be a serious pain in the shoulders on long rides. That's why I invested in the soft bags.

This is very true - I rode in almost 800 miles to the Bash in April using a tank bag and my Joe Rocket blaster backpack loaded to the gills - never again!! My shoulders and back were wrecked for days. Newenough has a set of saddle bags for sportbike applications for just $60 on clearance right now. :thumbsup:

This is very true - I rode in almost 800 miles to the Bash in April using a tank bag and my Joe Rocket blaster backpack loaded to the gills - never again!! My shoulders and back were wrecked for days. Newenough has a set of saddle bags for sportbike applications for just $60 on clearance right now. :thumbsup:

I think that's close to what I paid for mine a few years ago.

I use a Cortech set of bags. They have a neoprene backing on each bag to guard against scratching or rubbing. Used them on many a trip and held all kinds of heavy and hard objects. The side bags have one thin and one fat velcro strap that goes across the passenger seat, but i have laid them under the hump if i just used the two side bags. the front and back of each bag has click fasteners that go to the passenger peg and undertail. I have installed 2 small hooks in the undertail, but you can just hook them together under the tail.
the top bag is a duffle style, but i also have a wedge type smaller bag for shorter trips. Both bags click fasten to the side bags and everything stays quite secure and stable. I have transported quite a few heavy items..(quart jars full of :whistle:) 350-375mi to the bash and had no isssues.
A few pics.

Hey Acehole, what is the brand of slider/bar you have installed. Just curious...

Back on subject.....I have a set of nelson-rigg saddle bags. They are kinda big but they hold a bunch of stuff. Probably can go down a size. Newenough has some good examples to check out before posting up for the sponsors!

thanks for all the tips and pics guys. I may pony up for the side bags as well. Especiallly if I can convince the wife to go on a weekender with me.

I picked up nelson riggs saddle's with macthing tail bag. DLBD500 model number... or something like that, they strap and click very well to each other and to the bike.
havnt used them on the busa yet, but I will..
Posted via Mobile Device

I just installed GIVI hard bags on my Busa and I'm going to sell my RKZ 35L made in USA soft saddle bags. Theey are expandable, well made, come with rain covers and definaitelt keep your clothes dry with their system. Used they one time for a trip to Alabama and back. List $239 will sell for $129.95 and that includes shipping. MorePics available on request. Robin blue with black covers. Wardie

028.jpg

027.jpg

Back