Soft luggage, what do you use?

Ventura....touches nothing, hauls everything. Raydog

Img_9202_busa.jpg

P1010481.JPG

RKA in California makes some nice side bags. Since I use my bike for commuting to work and drive 2 different temp zones in doing it...I like hard bags for locking all of my gear up when I am inside the building. Not a big fan of the slash and dash criminals that can take your gear with just a box opeaner...just sayin???2hip

Oops..I forgot to say what I'm using..I use a Givi top case and 2 Give hard side bags...stay away from any bag that opens outwards..use the top opening cases if you go to hard sidebags. It is such a pita to load the outward opening bags...IMHO..2hip

Hi
Fitted a rentec rack and Givi voyager panniers with the back strap across the rack and the front strap under the pillion seat.
The advantage of this is the panniers are secure if you leave the bike and there is plenty of leg room for the pillion. went to italy and back, 2 up fully loaded, 150 mph bursts didn't even notice they were on there.
i know they look a bit high but if you look closely the majority of the weight is in the front of the panniers and quite low down. i believe this is a much better option than a ventura system where the bag is very high.
Andrew

IMAG0103.jpg

I used an old set of Teknic Bags this year because I liked the Velcro fastners .. Joe Rockets match both the style and the colour of the bike, however the adjustment straps and buckles were designed to carve the Holy Sweet BE Hey Zeus out of the tail section. I also did a 3M clear Vinyl over much of the tail section... Someone mentioned painters tape earlier, but I figured I had some left over from my SV< so why not..........

Drew, I'm not a big fan of soft luggage...but your set up looks pretty darn good. Where I work those would be vegamatic material in hours with the thieves...Nice set up mate..2hip

Like Raydog I had the Ventura system on my FZ1. It's a great system for long rides and comes off easier then any other I have seen so that you can carry it with you and not worry about it.

For everyday use I got the Bagster Spider for my Honda 1000rr. It's very sporty looking expands to a large enough size for a helmet and is very quick to remove. It can be hooked to the Hayabusa or just about any bike. You also have easy access to get under the rear seat. It is simply a strap system that goes under the seat with some attachments for hooking it up to the Spider. Riding with a passenger just unclip the Spider and leave the retaining loops in place to easily re-attach. If your carrying a heavy load it also comes with two additional straps to hook to the rear foot pegs. They take about 3 to 4 weeks to get but they are worth it. Got mine here: spider tail bag They have very good CS.

The Ventura system can be turned around to allow your passenger to ride with you as well. Empty though and it's a perfect fit for a Tourmaster Tb17 Bag: Tour Master TB-17 Nylon Tail Bag :: New Enough Motorcycle Hard Parts or you can get another Ventura Bag and put them back to back as they are made to zip together.

Here's mine fully loaded with the Ventura in front and Tourmaster to the rear and a ton of other crap:

CIMG2094.jpg

And here's some of the Spider for those sportier rides:

100_0657.jpg

100_0659.jpg

100_0662.jpg

100_0663.jpg

100_0664.jpg

and who woulda thought a Busa and a Honda would look so good together:

100_0667.jpg

Back