Cruise Control

Tango1300

Registered
Well...   many people have asked me to post this information once again.

Last year I installed a fully electronic, no vacuum required cruise control on my Hayabusa.  The system is very simple and safe in its operation.

The part number for the system is: 250-1316
The switch part number is:  250-3084

Total cost is around $250.00

Contact Radio Sales & Service in Houston at:  713-613-0700

The system requires a tach signal, brake switch input, power & ground.  That's it....

Here are a couple pics of the install.

This is the fully electric cruise module.  It doesn't require any vacuum as its completely electric in operation and will learn the sensitivity of the engine for its operation.

CC_Switch001.jpg

CC_module.jpg

Note that it tucks very nicely under the throttle bodies....  The supplied bracket bent nicely to mount using an existing bolt.

CC_module001.jpg

I used a cable connector weighted with a lead shot and sealed with shrink wrap.  With the throttle config on the Busa, it works great by falling out of the way when the throttle is used by hand.

CC_cable.jpg

This is the throttle at wide open.  Note the cruise cable is out of the way.

CC_cable001.jpg

This is the brake circuit tapped for the cancel function.  

CC_brakeTap001.jpg

Neat setup
beerchug.gif

Hmmm, in a fully electronic version there is still a cruise cable
rock.gif

what other connections are required? is there any splicing or is it all PNP?

Do you also have things like speedohealer and GiPro ATRE or power commander installed?

rock.gif

Tang1300
Very nice addition to the Busa, I will give this a try in about a month or so, since I have friends who want to do some distant road trips.

Just wanted to ask, the cable coming out of the cruise box with the lead weight attached. What is it attached to on the throttle cable assembly? I see the set holes for the throttle cable ends in which they are attached but is the cruise cable pinched to the throttle cable?
Thanks
poke.gif

What about a vehicle speed sensor input? How does it know how fast you are going in order to keep it at that set speed?

(sk8snw8s @ Apr. 04 2007,10:10) Tang1300
Very nice addition to the Busa, I will give this a try in about a month or so, since I have friends who want to do some distant road trips.

Just wanted to ask, the cable coming out of the cruise box with the lead weight attached. What is it attached to on the throttle cable assembly?  I see the set holes for the throttle cable ends in which they are attached but is the cruise cable pinched to the throttle cable?
Thanks
poke.gif
No... it does not pinch the stock cable but has a pass-thru loop that captures the factory link.  

Yes, I have a Gi-Pro ATRE, PCIIIusb and the latest XYZpdq3.  LOL!

Yes, it does tap the VSS pink wire. Sorry I forgot that one.

Thanks David, you da man.
bowdown.gif

Looks like I get to buy another toy for my Busa.
This one gets added to my favorites so I won't have to bug you about it again.
Thanks again,
Dale

I can't find the 250-1316 part number you have on the Rostra site. Is the 250-1223 number the same kit?

(Moparict @ Apr. 04 2007,17:36) I can't find the 250-1316 part number you have on the Rostra site.  Is the 250-1223 number the same kit?
Yes, 250-1223 is the Rostra part#. The other part#, 250-1316, is an AudioVox part#.

That's where I ordered from yesterday. I upgraded to the dual rocker switches/w light for $20 more. I like the look of that switch better.

Module for 250-1223
SKU/Part Number: Module for 250-1223 Price: 131.18
Harness for 250-1223 Harness for 250-1223 Price: 23.45
Cruise Control, Global Electronic Price: 162.91
250-3089 10 pack 2.62" Throttle Loop Cable Assembly for 250-1223 Price: 22.35

ya need all that to get things going?

(BusaCruise @ Apr. 05 2007,19:30) Module for 250-1223
SKU/Part Number: Module for 250-1223 Price: 131.18
Harness for 250-1223 Harness for 250-1223 Price: 23.45
Cruise Control, Global Electronic Price: 162.91
250-3089  10 pack 2.62" Throttle Loop Cable Assembly for 250-1223 Price: 22.35

ya need all that to get things going?
Check out sk8snw8s post above. The link he notes will take you to the cruise part numbers. The harnesses and connections appear to come with the kit. You will have to pick out a switch though. Choices, choices!!LOL
beerchug.gif

Hello
Is this really easy to install? It really work good? Do you have some pics of VSS , beacuse i dont know where its located and what part is that of the bike. It come with instructions? about how to install it in to the switch.
What is that tach signal and brake that it require?

Back