Cruise Control

madlyhs

Registered
My wife started to ride with me most of the time and she does not like me to speed so I cruise most of the time . I am wondering if it is possible to install some sort of Cruise control , is this devise readily available or do I have to make my own?

I would like some feedback on this issue especially from a safety prospective.

TIA

yeah theres is a cruise control for bikes... its a little lever that cinches down on the throttle to keep it at one spot.. i wouldnt recommend it for city streets or heavy traffic.. open roads or very light traffic.. it goes on between the grip and the right control/ start button

Go with the Throttlemeister.
The best crusie out there.... use mine all the time.
Replaces yer factory bar end, and locks the throttle with a twist of the wrist whenever ya need cruise.

I don't think anyone hasn't dreamed of having one at one time or another.......as long as it's used safely it's the best thing invented since sliced bread!

I'm ordering one myself!

Dan

Go with the Throttlemeister.
The best crusie out there.... use mine all the time.
Replaces yer factory bar end, and locks the throttle with a twist of the wrist whenever ya need cruise.
Yes it is. Great way to give your hand a break or heat up your hand on the engine on a cold day.
biggrin.gif

got me a rubber washer from hardware store i roll it in and out at end of throttle and you can over power it if you need too .

got me a rubber washer from hardware store i roll it in and out at end of throttle and you can over power it if you need too .
So let me het this straight.......you have your stock bar end loose, with a rubber washer between the bar end and the grip.
When ya twist yer bar end in tight it presses the rubber washer against the grip and voila......or am I off here???

Just curious???

almost monster except my stock end is tight.the rubber washer is just right size to be tight in the opening between grip and bar end .it rolls in and and out cost 3.50 at hardeware store.after awhile it slips but holds long enough to give hand a rest try it.this trick was givin to me by guys on the zrx 1200 org board.alot of them thier guys have some good info.bunch of hoolagans.they evenhave the washer #on the site.

<!--EDIT|rob t
Reason for Edit: None given...|1084135994 -->

throttlemeister is the best looking and and safest I have seen.
never had a problem on my zx11 and am ordering for my 04 special edition. Good luck. go to throttlemeister.com

I was thinking about cruise control on my 200 mile ride yesterday. Looks like throttlemeister is the ticket.

Back