CRUISE CONTROL OR CARBON FIBER ALLOY WHEELS

Wheels are the most impactful thing you can do to a bike short of a turbo/supercharger. It will feel lighter, quicker, and basically like a new bike. I'm not a fan of CF or the more brittle alloy wheels for the street. If you live in abusive environments this is especially true. Then there is the turning them over to who knows who for tire changes... However, for performance, there is no beating CF.

BST rims if it were my bike. I'd go with the new Rapid TEK model. If you're going with lightweight wheels might as well go all out. I had Carrozzeria wheels on my other large sportbike and IMO, the improvement in handling was noticeable but not astonishing. If you're into touring more than sport riding, the cruise control might be more useful to you and you might prefer having the stock whels. I've heard a Throttlemeister works pretty good for cruising and that only costs about $20.

Timing...
Myself and the GF just pulled into our airbnb for Xmas. We ran away. 250km from home. 34c temp.
On the way up here was thinking, man, I love cruise control on my Busa. Those long straights, (20km) and even the shorter ones.
Just to be able to sit up and rest for a bit.
I did CC before wheels as the bike already has factory wheels, but not cruise. Then I did wheels.

Thanks still debating. Have cc on my Sport Glide & love it. But I also "sport tour" a lot since the Harley is a whole different experience. Throttle locks aren't the same as electronic cruise. Have one on the Hayabusa and have had on other bikes.
Worry about the CF cracking/breaking under extreme conditions as fallenarch notes. That's why I'm considering Marchesini alloys, which are not much cheaper.
I've had alloys on race bikes over years, but not on street. Do they hold up?

Keep wondering if Thyssenkrupp will ever make these available for the Hayabusa? GSXR and GSX-S are it right now.
CC-11208_1.jpg

Thanks still debating. Have cc on my Sport Glide & love it. But I also "sport tour" a lot since the Harley is a whole different experience. Throttle locks aren't the same as electronic cruise. Have one on the Hayabusa and have had on other bikes.
Worry about the CF cracking/breaking under extreme conditions as fallenarch notes. That's why I'm considering Marchesini alloys, which are not much cheaper.
I've had alloys on race bikes over years, but not on street. Do they hold up?
No issues with my BST’s cracking or being damaged and they’ve been on some of the shittiest and poorly maintained roads. Times have changed with the BST’s as the current models are the strongest they’ve made compared to the first Gen which were prone to cracking or splintering.

I never really thought cruise control was a big deal on a motorcycle until having it on the Gen-3. Now it’s amazing and I can’t see living with out it.

Same goes for the up/down quick shifter! It really does completely change the motorcycle experience… :thumbsup:

Now I just need to decide on wheels?

Rode my Busa Christmas Day (pushing 80 in OKC for some odd reason). Seemed nimble & light on feet in some curves. Of course, on Christmas Eve afternoon did a two-up on my 900-lb. Harley.
Think I'm going for the wheels. Realized I've never even used my throttle lock.

Back