So......wheels?

C550C24D-5A96-4970-BADE-1C0F2B1ADCBA.png

Shite , that was a wild Brocks test !! Hey , have you seen the youtube clip of that crazy bastard ,( not Brocks ) slamming a bare BST wheel into the concrete ground ? A couple of slams and bounces if I remember . I can't find it , but have a look , and check out that horrid abuse if you can .

Well I got both the 6.00 " and the 6.25" , and I am currently running the later on my L2 . This allows proper 200 /55 tire fitment , but seems to hold off from the full tire to edge use / wear , longer for me than the 6.00" has with 190/55 . The turn in feels good generally , but has a tendency to want to run wide , on the tighter turns exit , especially felt when applying big power early on exit . This is not really so noticeable (so less of an issue) on the faster , more open corners , where the 200 tire feels great , with a nice fat contact patch on any fast exit . My bikes front end is light , and combined with the wheels , I can easily muscle it to the top of midrange , but from there on , where the cams are really coming on strong , to the top of red , not so easy . As always , I also find it best to get all your late braking over well before corner entry and mid corner , and punch out the exit smoothly using the seamless torque and HP rush . In regards to any inherent shortcomings , from running a 6.25" , in my particular application , are somewhat countered by the pretty dialed in suspension . I really enjoy the whole L2 handling combination with this wheel setup .
The 6.00" though , is really the optimum size choice for a street / track day / canyon carver . The turn in is similar , but the exit reward is a tighter line , overall the narrower rim offers more agility and better feel to rider . You also have the choice of the very best tires available in 190/55 or the standard sized 190/50 series . The wheel is overall lighter than the 6.25" , because of the rim width , with the center hub etc. , the same . Both size rims and also the 3.5" front are drop in replacements for Gen 2 Busa . The bigger again 6.625" R BST is not .
But really , you fit wheels to your machine , and jump on it , and get exploring your rides new performance envelope pro's and con's . Usually the main risk and only real trouble one experiences , is from the newly ignited hot pursuit of even more rider feedback and feel , so wheels can lead to more big $pend desires...:rolleyes:

Back