SO where is it hidden?

ditchdr

Registered
So i sold my lawn care company, and i went from being a part time student to a full time student. Well along with that I am slowly opening a bike sales, and service shop here. Will start out very small, like tune ups, oil changes, tires, brakes, etc etc. Along with the service I am trying to buy and sell used bikes. So far I have purchased a few cruisers, a few sport bikes and a few quads, all are in the shed waiting on me to give them a good check out so I can price them. The hard part is not buying for my self, or wanting to keep them for myself. Anyhow I am allowing my self 1 bike, but i am having a probelm finding the sack of gold that I am the only one on earth knows nothing about. So I ask you my fellow brethern of the Busa, Where did Suzuki put the sack of gold in the Hayabusa? With the prices of used ones being just a few grand of the price of new it is the only reason i can come up with. I have owned 4 of them in my life and it seems as of late the price on a used Busa has skyrocketed. I have seen more then a few 12 year old Busas going for over 7K. Really 7K? Lets see pay 10K 12 years ago and the bike has only lost 3K in value? Yeah um no, it dont work that way. Oh and just for the record, if you buy a 5 thousand dollar bike, then put 10 thousand dollars worth of add ons such as chrome, engne mods and so on does not make the bike worth 15 thousand dolars. At the end of the day you have a 5 thousand dollar bike. Mods are for you, not to guy your selling it to. Not saying an of us on here do it, its just what i have seen on ebay, CL, and a few other bike sites.

Good luck with the new adventure!!! :cheerleader:

I am guessing some people appreciate the mods and are happy to pay for them since they don't have to wait for the parts shipping service dept to put them on. Some people don't know any better.

I keep looking at Craigslist for used parts for my new gen 2 everyday and have seen this phenomenon often...it appears regardless of year a used Gen1 Busa from 99-07 will run you $7500 OBO. I have seen one or two that are crashed or with damage for aroud $6k. Strange how this market works...The sad thing is this makes it pointless to buy a used bike. With Suzuki's great financing options right now I bought my leftover 2k11 for $10,800 and with 0% interest my payments are less than they would have been buying and financing a used model...

best of luck with the new company :beerchug:

as far as the price of used Busa's? Gen I's are worth 7k+ to anyone who really wants one...there aren't any more being made, they are definitely better looking than the Gen II's (just kidding on that part guys :laugh:), a lot of them don't have more than 12,000 miles on them (we know they will easily go over 100,000), and they are pricing these for retail sale not for selling to you so you can make money selling to someone else...your job is going to be to find people really needing to sell their bikes due to other issues...you are probably going to have a lot more luck buying in the Fall or early Winter and then selling in the Spring...once again, i wish you the best of luck

Just show up with a stack of 100s and many asking 7 will take less if faced with it.
Your gonna have to do some horse trading, inspect the teeth and nickel em down to a level you can profit from. If not pass and move on.

"SO where is it hidden?"

In here of course. :laugh:

Image633.jpg

I have gotten good deals on the cruisers I got. One is a 05 Vulcan 1600 I pick up for 1500, one os a Shadow 750 I got for 2100 and a Hardley Fat Boy I icked up for 4K, it needs ab out 1200 in work but I can let it go for 6 to 7K all day long. I just dont get the Hayabusa thing. Even saw a TL1000R for 2K on CL this am, but was gone before i got out of mirco bio class. Oh it will be next year before the shop is what i call "big time" as for now I have a 20x20 shed in the back yard i am working out of. Ok so if I take the hump off the bike the price will drop?

Ok so if I take the hump off the bike the price will drop?

LOL, no, thats where the gold would be.

Good luck with the business. It's fantastic when your work can also be something you truely love doing.

Mine is kept in a little black vinyl bag that is under the rear seat. At least it sounds like gold in there. :dunno: Never had it opened... :whistle:

just because someone puts 10k in mods in to something doesn't automatically add the 10k to the total of the vehicle....that is a silly mistake a lot of people make when selling. Or the ones that add up there receipts that have labor and parts and then add that to the bike...good luck with the sale that way...I mean once you install a part it has lost about half its value....give or take..used is used at least thats the way it works in the performance scene with race cars. Mods for bikes are relatively cheap compared to an 8 sec drag car so paying 50k for a bike is a joke if you ask me. This is in no way intended towards you or your business but rather the sellers out there wanting 7k for that high milage 1999 busa. Good luck with your business and keep looking and you'll find the good deals out there.

I agree with you 100% SCV8, adding mods to a bike does not raise the value. Mods are more of a personal taste. In the past i have bought modded up bikes put them back to stock and sold the parts on ebay. I just dont see the value of a bike holing on that much. Matter of fact about 3 years ago I bought "CUSTOM" chopper that sold for 30K new for 8K cash. I guess value is all in the eye of a buyer.

you just gotta constantly look around.. I was doing that looking to buy a brand new 2011 leftover but no matter where i went it was coming out to about $13k out the door, then all of a sudden a local deal on CL 2011 busa with 2K miles bone stock was askin 10K.. went and picked it up for $9K. cant beat that.. GL :thumbsup:

you get tired of those snakes falling outta trees on ya:laugh: good luck with your new adventure im sure you will do well:thumbsup:

Back