Rostra Cruise Control?

Sous

Donating Member
Registered
Since the CCS-100 (vacuum controlled) cruise control is no longer available, I am looking into other means of having cruise control on the bike. I have found that a full electronic version is available by Rostra and sold by Murphs Kits and a few other sites.

Although, there seems to be a lot of mixed reviews with the Rostra cruise control kit. It seems that a lot of .org members have had bad electrical bugs caused by the CC and have disabled the system for now. Others claim zero problems or minimal problems at all.

I think most of those were on the Gen 1 bikes and not the Gen 2. I was looking to get a little more information on the Rostra CC installed on the Gen 2 bikes if it is available.

Thoughts or concerns?

I have 2 Rostra kits that I will be installing in less than 2 weeks... I will be doing an install guide and will let you know what we end up with...

CAp

Can't wait to see what it takes to install these CC kits. Would like to get one on my ride.

Yep. I am waiting to see how this turns out. I got a commute to Tampa lined up. It's only about 400 miles and a whole lot cheaper on the Busa. Was gonna do the Audiovox but I hear it's unavailable. Probably gonna move to Tampa within a year. :thumbsup:

Yep. I am waiting to see how this turns out. I got a commute to Tampa lined up. It's only about 400 miles and a whole lot cheaper on the Busa. Was gonna do the Audiovox but I hear it's unavailable. Probably gonna move to Tampa within a year. :thumbsup:

I ended up finding 1 left (CCS-100) at a retailer and it should be here on Tuesday via UPS.

The CC-100 or Rostra is the electronic only version which is replacing the vacuum controlled CCS-100. There are a lot of mixed reviews on the CC-100. These reviews range from working perfectly and as designed, to causing havoc on electrical systems on bikes of all different makes and models. I have only read a couple of bad reviews on the vacuum version, but that is because the vacuum canister was too small, or it was hooked up incorrectly.

I planned to go with the CC-100 and take a chance on the electrical issues that seem to be caused by this unit, but ended up finding one last CCS-100 out there and bought it. I feel much more comfortable installing a proven cruise control than one that has mixed reviews.

I will be commuting just over an hour one way to work soon and wanted something to make the ride more enjoyable.

I messed with a Rostra trying to get the bugs worked out of it for a full season, with no luck. It messed with my gauges bad and finally to the point that they wouldn't work no more. Had to be fixed by Scott at bluegauges. Also I could never get the thing to be smooth, It is now hanging in the shop collecting dust.. I have never talked to anyone that has had zero issues with the Rostra.. They will tell you yes it works great then I'll ask them about there speedo and they back peddle and say well now that you mention it... :whistle: I take that back my brother has one on a K1100lt that works great with zero issues..

I installed the Vacuum cruise in 1 afternoon and had only one issue with setting it up.. I called Busawhipped and with his help the second test run it worked great and has been working great ever since.. Zero issues with it, And I mean zero.. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
This is the same news I am hearing from all over the place. What was the one issue you had with the vacuum CC?

Mine should be here on Tuesday :)

This is the same news I am hearing from all over the place. What was the one issue you had with the vacuum CC?

Mine should be here on Tuesday :)

I had then dip switches set wrong... Busawhipped helped me out, with the correct settings and it works awesome now..

this has been kicking my rear! i have nearly 5 weeks of flipping switches etc! and then driving up and down the highway trying to test it out, its just been awful
thats my .02
-chad

side note, nobody has answered any of my questions on here... so thats a double whammy ughhh

this has been kicking my rear! i have nearly 5 weeks of flipping switches etc! and then driving up and down the highway trying to test it out, its just been awful
thats my .02
-chad

side note, nobody has answered any of my questions on here... so thats a double whammy ughhh

Which cruise you trying to figure out? Electronic or Vacuum?

thats my .02
-chad

Which CC and what bike are you installing it on?

I spent a couple of days installing mine (electronic). I did have a problem getting the dip switches correct. The manual was wrong!! I forget now which one was wrong. I can set cruise speed but I can't use buttons to speed up slow down. Really not an issue for me. I love it though. I can now say it was well worth it. Had to zip tie it to right side frame. It's a huge relief on long rides. On straight stretches I sit straight up and ride without hands on bars. It's a nice break. Also you need to get adapter because we have LED tail lights.

Back