Congrats to Barry Bonds

(Rayabusa0818 @ Aug. 08 2007,18:35) It's not fake, it's just choreographed
laugh.gif
My avatar pic is me.
biggrin.gif

I was just being sarcastic.

Steroids saved baseball in the 90's when nobody was watching it.Its a part of baseballs history, so it should also be in the Hall of Fame.Deal with it and let it be what it is.

Personally, I think Bonds is a D$%k!!!!, but he should get his props.

The man is the Home Run King . If he at any time had tested positive he wouldn't be playing today . Now think of how many players used before it became a controlled substance in 1991 and up till the point where they started testing for it in 2001 . If you want to see blatant juice abuse look no further than Pro Wrestling .

Bonds is a racist, elitist pig on the order of Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson.

--Wag--

(Wag @ Aug. 08 2007,18:22) Bonds is a racist, elitist pig on the order of Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson.

--Wag--
Where did this come from!

Barry Bonds hasn't be proven to have taken anything! He does have something of a ego problem, but what professional player doesn't! Actually who doesn't that plays any sport of competition!

(NCpanther01 @ Aug. 08 2007,19:36)
(Wag @ Aug. 08 2007,18:22) Bonds is a racist, elitist pig on the order of Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson.

--Wag--
Where did this come from!

Barry Bonds hasn't be proven to have taken anything! He does have something of a ego problem, but what professional player doesn't! Actually who doesn't that plays any sport of competition!
With all of the current news, I can't find the articles I need to support the statement.

I'll have to withdraw it for the moment.

Sorry about that.

--Wag--

You have to admit the man has had some great movies... A view to a kill,Octopussy,Tomorrow never dies....Oh sorry,that was James.
tounge.gif

So Bonds uses steroids, so what. Training and diet have changed over the years in sports too. If you arn't at the top of your game, steroids won't help anyway. I would rather see the stadium filled up with cheering and expectant fans. He is taking the steroids not his critics so what is the problem. Steroids is good for sports. If taken like they are supposed to, the risk to personal injury is minimalized.

Initially I had an issue with the steroid thing, but after having it pushed in my face all day (ESPN has covered nothing BUT Bonds all day) I had a thought, and it's something to consider:

Hank Aaron didn't take steroids, but, he didn't have guys taking steroids pitching to him either. In the end, it all evens out.

I think he's a poor example of a human being, but I have to give him credit on his achievement.

(Wag @ Aug. 08 2007,20:22) Bonds is a racist, elitist pig on the order of Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson.

--Wag--
WRONG!!

He was cheating on his wife with a white woman. How can you sleep with someone and disapprove of their race?
rock.gif
???

The conversation has been interesting. At the end of the day, hell, everythingis TAINTED.

Football, Baseball, basketball. Next, someone will say Venus & Serena are on the sauce. Serena gotta be on something to have an AZZ like that !!

Thanks for your replies .......... good, bad, or indifferent.

I think the biggest reason Bonds hasn't been so well received in his accomplishment is because for years he wasn't so good in receiving the media and fans. That being said, there has been to date NO proof he did anything knowingly and take from someone who played professional baseball and has faced a 95+mph slider steriods won't help you put the bat on the ball. Likewise, will steroids put another 100 ft on a fly ball....doubt it! Anyway that's my rant, he's still one of the best to ever play the game, even before he beefed up!

(BigDawg_03Busa @ Aug. 09 2007,12:45) will steroids put another 100 ft on a fly ball....doubt it!
Yes it will. Anything you do to increase your bat speed will add distance.

His added strenghth allowed him to simplify his swing and also to 'choke up' for better control.

(Big Red @ Aug. 08 2007,23:51) If taken like they are supposed to, the risk to personal injury is minimalized.
This quote says it all. "If taken like they are supposed to"

That means, prescribed by a doctor treating a legitimate condition, not just looking for a buck. Getting them illegally or using them specifically to bulk up or gain an unfair advantage is not using them like they are supposed to.

Back