Congrats to Barry Bonds

Southside Playa

Master Pot-Stirrer
Donating Member
Registered
I KNOW SOME OF YOU ALL WILL NOT LIKE THIS, BUT.......

Steroids don't make you hit the ball any better!! Did he do it? I don't know. I wasn't there. The man is one of the greatest player to ever pick up a bat and put on a glove. He will never win a popularity contest. But you have to give props where they are due.

Nuff Said

I don't think he should be recognized in anyway for his home run numbers only because he has cheated... I am still impressed with his skill though.

Steriods do improve your athletic ability... There may be debate as to hand eye coordination and reading a pitch... But when you are juicing and have gained incredible amounts of batting strength through a substance that is banned you should not get any positive recognition. They should either allow all sport enhancing drug usuage or test for them way more than they do and then ban them from the sport for usage.

Bond's steriod question.

It still is an impressive achievement but it is sad that it is sullied by his steriod usage.

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin....U65.DTL

beerchug.gif
super.gif

There was never a Mark McGuire*. So there shouldn't be * for Barry.

The * doesn't matter. If that's the case everyone needs one.

Roger Clemons*
Jeff Bagwell*
Albert Pujols*
Sammy Sosa*
Babe Ruth*
Nolan Ryan*
A-Rod*
Curt Schilling** (Two asterisks for being a Biyatch)

George Bush* (Had to do this one)

I think it is ** Mark McGuire and for some of the others you listed.No offense if you're a Bonds fan.Heyll,I used to get offended when somesone would say pro wrestling was fake.

(Southside Playa @ Aug. 08 2007,10:51) Curt Schilling** (Two asterisks for being a Biyatch)

laugh.gif

I agree with you and a tip of my Cardinal hat to him. He is one of the great hitters of all time
beerchug.gif

(Southside Playa @ Aug. 08 2007,10:51) There was never a Mark McGuire*.  So there shouldn't be * for Barry.

The * doesn't matter. If that's the case everyone needs one.

Roger Clemons*
Jeff Bagwell*
Albert Pujols*
Sammy Sosa*
Babe Ruth*
Nolan Ryan*
A-Rod*
Curt Schilling** (Two asterisks for being a Biyatch)

You forgot one real important one!

Rafael Palmero!!!

Good for barry-but it won't last long,it took 33 years to break hanks record. It will only take A-rod about 7-8 years to break Barrys record.A-rod is only 32 years old,he has a long time to play.Bonds turned 43 this year.
I'm not bashing Bonds in any way.Just stating some facts.If A-rod stays healthy he should pass him.

The steroid area of baseball is a touchy subject for ALOT of fans. No one seemed to mind will balls were sailing over the fence like a missle. The the powers that had turne their heads in the other direction starts testing and banning people for what they knew was going on all along is being a hipocrite.

Do I think Barry was on the juice? You better sure believe I do. Do I still think he is the most complete player of this time? The answer is the same.

A-Rod will pass Bonda if he can maintain his health. Griffey Jr is another outstanding hitter who is asking himself, What if I would have stayed healthy.

I see guys waaaaaay bigger than Bonds juicin it up.
It's not like crazy amounts they're freakin out about. It's just the juice itself.
Most of the time it's a very strict regiment, sometimes overseen by their sports medicine personel.
This stuff has been around since the early 70's, so why hasn't Hank Aarons record been beaten since then? Bonds is AWESOME! The dude can hit, no matter what. When you tag a 12" outside breaking ball out of the park, you know your schnit. Considering only 1% of the population could hit a 95 mph straight in fastball. The dude is a pro. Just put your ego on the shelf for a second and give a man some credit.

(Southside Playa @ Aug. 08 2007,11:08) But you have to give props where they are due.

Nuff Said
And they aren't due to his azz ! I wonder how Hank Aaron feels about it ?
wink.gif

cheatercheater cheater cheater cheater cheater cheater cheater

thats about how i feel

Back