Comfy seat?

murphc13

Registered
Hi guys.Picked up my 3rd busa yesterday and totally forgot how painful the stock seat is.Probably the worst seat I’ve ever sat on.
So I know there are aftermarket options and some are quite expensive.
So what’s the best bang for buck comfy seat out there?

Everyone's bum if different :D I found my 08 seat to be super comfortable for me What year is your busa ? :thumbsup:

There's as many takes on seats as there are on oils and exhausts I reckon..
As it's your 3rd Busa, I'm assuming you have changed the seat over before, as it's "the worst seat I’ve ever sat on."..
Go wtih what worked the last 2 times..

Russell Day long sport seat in leather ( not vinyl ) . Leather breathes , and no monkey butt even in swamp land Texas @ 100 percent humidity. You have to order / get in line . 100% worth the wait .
I consider the $500 I paid the best comfort mod to the bike over 5 years .
Run three Iron Butt rides in one week . Tried Air Hawk , and other options 1st . While they added a few miles it was never comfort

seat seen better in video .

20171009_123110.jpg

20171028_113742_HDR.jpg

Corbin
Dsc04592_corbin_1000.jpg

Corbin with Airhawk. I used this setup for two Iron Butt rides. 1687 Miles in 36 hours. Prefer stock bars. I took the risers off and traded the Heli bars. Opposite of most I know, but it works for me.
100_2125.jpg

And actually went back to stock for several weekend rides, it does okay for day rides.
DSC01942.jpg

Corbin
View attachment 1620703

Corbin with Airhawk. I used this setup for two Iron Butt rides. 1687 Miles in 36 hours. Prefer stock bars. I took the risers off and traded the Heli bars. Opposite of most I know, but it works for me.
View attachment 1620704

And actually went back to stock for several weekend rides, it does okay for day rides.
View attachment 1620705
I don’t want to touch the bars.I like the look and it’s ok for me.The ergos of the low seat and high pegs is an issue though.
I’ve read a little on here about about/buell lowering pegs and maybe worth a look.

I don’t want to touch the bars.I like the look and it’s ok for me.The ergos of the low seat and high pegs is an issue though.
I’ve read a little on here about about/buell lowering pegs and maybe worth a look.
I'm running the Knight Design 1 In lowering pegs. They are expensive for what they are but the quality is VERY good.

I have the drop pegs as well and actually took them off except for really looking rides, my saddlemen seat raised me up a bit and anything more then an hour or two it's a must for me. I think I paid 280 so it wasn't too expensive compared to some

I'm running the Knight Design 1 In lowering pegs. They are expensive for what they are but the quality is VERY good.
Thanks for the input I’ll look that up.

I have the drop pegs as well and actually took them off except for really looking rides, my saddlemen seat raised me up a bit and anything more then an hour or two it's a must for me. I think I paid 280 so it wasn't too expensive compared to some
Cheers and thanks for the input.Im looking at the Suzuki gel seat,corbin and saddle man.All look good

Cheers and thanks for the input.Im looking at the Suzuki gel seat,corbin and saddle man.All look good
I have a Suzuki gel seat and it was better then the stock but nowhere near the saddlemen, unfortunately I haven't got to try a Corbin yet

I have the el cheapo Chinese lowering pegs and they work very well...they have a less aggressive peg so your boots won't get stuck on them when putting your feet down.

Back