What seat mod? What riser kit for bars? For a 2012

masterblaster

Registered
I like riding distance and have old man ass (no ass left actually), would like a more comfy seat so which one is best for the $ spent? Would like a little more upright position so which riser set for a 1" lift on the bars, or do I replace the bars totally again best for the $ spent. Am reading this forum at a furious pace but would liek a little help with these two questions, thanks in advance

I put the Heli bars, buel pegs to lower legs and a Tobin seat. Made a BIG difference in mine. The seat sit me down in the bike a bit which in turn straighten up my back a little. After having it for over 5 years the seat has got to be a little hard so I am trying to find a different one as well.

IMG00243-20110622-1509.jpg

I had .75" risers and heli-bars, and it's a big improvement in comfort.
It still wasn't enough for me, so I now have the LSL top clamp and Speigler handlebars(dirtbike style).
I have a Corbin and a Kontour seat, both are decent, but I'de still like to try a Russell Day Long seat.
I also had and hated the Suzuki gel seat, but seats are 100% a personal preference and you must try them yourself.
I have Vortex reasets too and I find them very comfortable adjusted up and back.
I actually just got home from a ride with a friend who has a stock gen2.
We traded bikes for a few miles. Wow! I had forgotten just how much of a difference those modifications made.
The two gen2's felt like two completely different bikes! I have a full dual Akrapovic exhaust that weighs a quarter of the stock exhaust. The weight of the stock mufflers can be felt while flicking side to side through curves.
My EBC extreme pro pads and ss brake lines are superior to the stock brakes too.
His stock tires felt as though they steered much slower than my Q2/Roadsmart combo.
Even though it gets expensive quick, it's amazing how much a few bolt ons can really improve an already great bike.:thumbsup:

I am running heli bars and they are seriously comfy. 1/2 hour of your time to install and a good mod IMO. I also did the Buell peg mod and my knees are happier. Soon I will try a Suzuki gel seat and see if the taller saddle position is worth whatever negatives there are. Awesome score on your new ride! Aloha

ballz carries new image seats,beautiful and quality, lowers you to the ground and is very comfortable, did 300 miles last weekend and no pain.

I'm 6' 4".
1: Helibars
2: Buell peg mod
3:Cushier grips and Throttlemeister or the like
4: Pazzo, ASV, Click n Roll levers or something along those lines
5: Strictly for sportier handling, + 1 dog bones.
On a side note, I've tried the Suzy Gel seat, and was more comfortable on the stocker...
The Helibars and Buell peg mod will totally transform the comfort of your ride, especially if u take the time to dial in your suspension....
Seems people spend waaaay too much money on trying to find a good "seat", instead of spending a little time on figuring out how they are going to be sitting. Due to the ergonomics on a sport/sport tourer, IMHO, the actual seat isn't very important. The layout for your riding position is the key....
On a Busa your not ass planting like you do on a cruiser....more like you're rocking on the "chestnuts", lol.
Another worthwhile mod is my Bagster tank cover. Allows u to grip the tank. A good bra, or grip panels would do the same thing.
Good luck...

I am running heli bars and they are seriously comfy. 1/2 hour of your time to install and a good mod IMO. I also did the Buell peg mod and my knees are happier. Soon I will try a Suzuki gel seat and see if the taller saddle position is worth whatever negatives there are. Awesome score on your new ride! Aloha

Hi All, I picked up a 2008 Busa about three weeks ago and rode it home over 500 miles from Ventura CA. I must admit when I got home I felt like a rented mule after a long holiday weekend (the riding position is much different than my 08 ZX-14). I am 6' 2" and it has gotten a little easier as my muscles are now a little more used to a "strange" bike. I intend to install a taller windshield, probably a ZG touring shield and raise the bars. One thing I don't want to do is change the looks of the bike too much. I'm thinking of the Helibars and I have a couple of questions: I understand that cables and lines don't need to be extended with just the Helibars but if risers are installed in addition, does that mean changing cables and lines? Trent, you mention just 30 minuets to install the helibars, is it that easy to remove and install the grips?

This is a great forum, thanks everybody for making this a very enlightening and entertaining forum. :thumbsup:

Sorry guys. I guess I am total noob. I am picking up an 08 BUSA in 2 days, and gathering info right now. But what do Heli Bars do exactly?

fpaep80 said:
Sorry guys. I guess I am total noob. I am picking up an 08 BUSA in 2 days, and gathering info right now. But what do Heli Bars do exactly?

Offest the bars up and back for a more upright(comfortable) riding position.

And :welcome: When you get your bike post up some pics and an intro.:rulez:

From my dunce stool :cookoo:

Back