Gen 2 Seats with passenger comfort?

Corso1

Registered
All-

I know the debate continues over what seats are the best, but I am just looking for something a bit better than stock. I see a bunch of options for myself, but not so many that offer a matching passenger pillion. Maybe something gel or with additional padding/non-slip. Anyone have the Zero gravity Latigo set up? Or positive passenger feedback from any of the aftermarket seats? I checked the classified section and doesn't look like anyone has anything available right now, but I'll continue to look.

Thanks-

Corso

My wife likes her corbin, but she says its too slick. I need to get her something for the seat that will help hold her in place.

on the road.jpg

I got a back rest made by kevdog, and sent the seat off to lee at new image for it to be dished out and built up so she didn't slide into me. Results are awesome. She loves it and can now ride 200 to 300 miles back there without adjusting all the time.

Just bought used Corbin with back rest for wife. It has to much of a forward tilt to it. I have to find away to get seat to tilt back more.

My wife likes her corbin, but she says its too slick. I need to get her something for the seat that will help hold her in place.

Could you possibly put anything else on that Busa? I think you have every accessory on that thing (passenger, bags, GoPro, waterbottle, etc). lol +1 to you sir.

I have the Tobin / New Image seats on mine. My wife loves it! She tells me she like to little bump in the back. It makes her feel secure and she does not feel like she is going to slide off. It does feel like it has a forward pitch to it as well. She is always sliding forward. If you go this route you might ask if they can cut it so this does not happen.. Here is a pic

DSC_0004.jpg

I got a back rest made by kevdog, and sent the seat off to lee at new image for it to be dished out and built up so she didn't slide into me. Results are awesome. She loves it and can now ride 200 to 300 miles back there without adjusting all the time.
Can you post some pics of it? Did he make it? I would love to find one for my wife.

Could you possibly put anything else on that Busa? I think you have every accessory on that thing (passenger, bags, GoPro, waterbottle, etc). lol +1 to you sir.

LOL, if you look closely you can see the two way radio cord just behind her calf. We had to remove the trunk and make a shallower one with all the gear we hauled. :laugh:

superbeagle said:
Just bought used Corbin with back rest for wife. It has to much of a forward tilt to it. I have to find away to get seat to tilt back more.

I don't know if you also got the alen key that came with the Corbin backrest. That key allows you to position the seat where you want/need it. I can send you a picture if you would like.

PB1 Sent from my ADR6400L using Forum Runner

I don't know if you also got the alen key that came with the Corbin backrest. That key allows you to position the seat where you want/need it. I can send you a picture if you would like.

PB1 Sent from my ADR6400L using Forum Runner
I would like to see this as well. You can send me a pic at mr8ballme@gmail.com if you don't mind. Thanks in advance

Thank you Gentlemen. I had the Corbin/backrest set up on my Gen1 and it was awesome. Just thought I would see if anything new had popped up. I love the look of the Tobin 8ball has. I think I would want them to dish it out a bit like he suggests though. Not that I mind the passengers squeezing up on me that is! :)

I just found out a few days ago that New Image makes a backrest for his seat. It looks pretty good and looks like it fits the bike well. I am waiting on him to bet back with me. Its riding season here and I need a quick turn around or find some seats I can borrow until I get mine back. I have a front seat but the wife would not like sitting in the trunk :laugh: while her seat is gone

I have a passenger seat in rough shape that I could send to Lee for you and once you get the new seat back you could send me yours :-). Its a win win, and I'm not in a a hurry.

Back