Colorado Pot Update

ive said it before and ill say it again... the federal government gave the green light to states to sell pot and make it legal at the STATE LEVEL...what people are still not getting is that it still is ILLEGAL at the federal level. what does this mean to you? go buy a gun and when you fill out the background check it asks.."are you addicted to any illegal drugs"...this is a FEDERAL FORM. there have even been states that have pot legal, that are introducing bills that once you get card, you are put on CAN NOT BUY GUNS list. this is a very slippery slope folks.

Completely aware of this...another reason to pay attention to what's going on there :thumbsup:

via Samsung Galaxy SIII

ive said it before and ill say it again... the federal government gave the green light to states to sell pot and make it legal at the STATE LEVEL...what people are still not getting is that it still is ILLEGAL at the federal level. what does this mean to you? go buy a gun and when you fill out the background check it asks.."are you addicted to any illegal drugs"...this is a FEDERAL FORM. there have even been states that have pot legal, that are introducing bills that once you get card, you are put on CAN NOT BUY GUNS list. this is a very slippery slope folks.

For one pot is not addictive so that takes care of that question doens't it. It does ask if you are currently under the influence of any illegal drug and or alcohol. Second There is no kept record of who buys pot or who doesn't, unless you use apply for a Medical Marijuana card. Then if you have a CCW you lose it straight out at this time. But so far it hasn't restricted legal users of MMJ from purchasing a gun. The recreational industry as stated above is almost completely cash based so there is very little tracking possible.

Now our state politicians have thought of this issue and are planning on introducing a law this year that will prevent CCW owners and legal gun owners from losing their CCW and or guns if they choose to partake of LEGAL recreational or Medical MJ. The thought and idea behind this is if gun owners are allowed to goto the liquor store and buy a fifth of vodka and still own a gun and or get a ccw then it is only logical someone who does the same but with pot has those same rights. That being said like with alcohol if you are carrying your gun while High or open container you just lost your CCW and are likely spending some time in the clink. It is being treated like Booze.

As for federal law, yes it is technically illegal in the federal world. But our POTUS has stated his law enforcement is not to go after LEGAL users in states where it has been deemed LEGAL. We will see over then next few years though that this will go away, federal law will be replaced and at least with weed the discretion will be given to the states.

Oh ya and state law is supposed to trump fed but what do i know.

For one pot is not addictive so that takes care of that question doens't it. It does ask if you are currently under the influence of any illegal drug and or alcohol. Second There is no kept record of who buys pot or who doesn't, unless you use apply for a Medical Marijuana card. Then if you have a CCW you lose it straight out at this time. But so far it hasn't restricted legal users of MMJ from purchasing a gun. The recreational industry as stated above is almost completely cash based so there is very little tracking possible.

Now our state politicians have thought of this issue and are planning on introducing a law this year that will prevent CCW owners and legal gun owners from losing their CCW and or guns if they choose to partake of LEGAL recreational or Medical MJ. The thought and idea behind this is if gun owners are allowed to goto the liquor store and buy a fifth of vodka and still own a gun and or get a ccw then it is only logical someone who does the same but with pot has those same rights. That being said like with alcohol if you are carrying your gun while High or open container you just lost your CCW and are likely spending some time in the clink. It is being treated like Booze.

As for federal law, yes it is technically illegal in the federal world. But our POTUS has stated his law enforcement is not to go after LEGAL users in states where it has been deemed LEGAL. We will see over then next few years though that this will go away, federal law will be replaced and at least with weed the discretion will be given to the states.

Oh ya and state law is supposed to trump fed but what do i know.

well, the federal government has listed marijuana as a schedule 1 drug with a high potential for dependency and no accepted medical use. I don't agree with that and apparently POTUS does not either which is why he sent out a memo to federal prosecutors encouraging them not to prosecute people who distribute marijuana for medical purposes so obviously signs of the times are the federal government at some point will amend the law.

but, jus because he says that doesn't mean federal prosecutors, judges or the DEA have to listen. they cud tell him to go pound sand and some will and have. especially if they are of the opposite political party. the law still exists and is totally enforceable by feds.

when you say state law trumps fed law that is incorrect. If a state law gives ppl more rights than a federal law, the state law is legally supposed to prevail according to some. this means state law will always supersede federal law when the person in question stands to gain more but that is not so.

the law that applies to situations where state and federal laws disagree is called the supremacy clause which has the doctrine of pre exemption which says that the federal government prevails in cases of conflicting legislation.

some may argue that marijuana is addicting but I think thats total BS and some also think its a gateway to stronger drugs like heroin or coke. that too is BS!

it is comical that ppl's CCW wud b in jeopardy over marijuana when alcohol is far more insidious.

well, the federal government has listed marijuana as a schedule 1 drug with a high potential for dependency and no accepted medical use. I don't agree with that and apparently POTUS does not either which is why he sent out a memo to federal prosecutors encouraging them not to prosecute people who distribute marijuana for medical purposes so obviously signs of the times are the federal government at some point will amend the law.

but, jus because he says that doesn't mean federal prosecutors, judges or the DEA have to listen. they cud tell him to go pound sand and some will and have. especially if they are of the opposite political party. the law still exists and is totally enforceable by feds.

when you say state law trumps fed law that is incorrect. If a state law gives ppl more rights than a federal law, the state law is legally supposed to prevail according to some. this means state law will always supersede federal law when the person in question stands to gain more but that is not so.

the law that applies to situations where state and federal laws disagree is called the supremacy clause which has the doctrine of pre exemption which says that the federal government prevails in cases of conflicting legislation.

some may argue that marijuana is addicting but I think thats total BS and some also think its a gateway to stronger drugs like heroin or coke. that too is BS!

it is comical that ppl's CCW wud b in jeopardy over marijuana when alcohol is far more insidious.

Ya its all super subjective still. It is a low priority for Fed LE due to the POTUS, that could change after the next election. though With the amount of tax money coming in i'm sure it will be looked at on a federal level also.

My comment about state trumping fed is due to how it was supposed to be. But we all know the fed has slowly been removing state power.

I love that the fed still uses the outdated classification of MJ, how wrong. But man propganda did its job well, along with some very well handled lobbist

The real question I have is.........

Are the brownies any better now than before? Any new recipies to share?

The real question I have is.........

Are the brownies any better now than before? Any new recipies to share?

I've been told the answer to this is yes. Now you can use Pot Butter to make the brownies and cookies. Its more potent and takes less plus the taste is more "brownie Like" what ever that means lol

Just thought I'd point out that....

1970690_622531124494488_1975017925_n.jpg

Speaking of DUI how is that going to work with weed. I mean a guy hits and kills a motorcyclist and it's ruled a traffic accident and the guy gets a ticket. Driving while intoxicated on alcohol they do the breathalyzer use the limit set by law and try to put him away for a long time if he is over. If a guy stoned out of his mind runs down a motorcyclist how is that going to work? THC can stay in your system for a month after only 1 cigarette. A little visine and may not even be able to tell he is stoned. I sure hope no one here is going to tell me that MJ doesn't affect your motor skills, that probably means you all smoking some crappy stuff not worth smoking.

Ya its all super subjective still. It is a low priority for Fed LE due to the POTUS, that could change after the next election. though With the amount of tax money coming in i'm sure it will be looked at on a federal level also.

My comment about state trumping fed is due to how it was supposed to be. But we all know the fed has slowly been removing state power.

I love that the fed still uses the outdated classification of MJ, how wrong. But man propganda did its job well, along with some very well handled lobbist
the sad thing is this will do absolutely NOTHING to stop the sale of marijuana on the street. in fact, it will likely generate more business for illegal drug sales cause with the 40% tax or waterer it is it makes far more sense to simply but it on the street and considering little if any enforcement is taking place the illegal sales will only grow and put more money into the cartels.

but, there is still quite a bit of money being generated with the heavy tax so I guess it aint all bad.

Speaking of DUI how is that going to work with weed. I mean a guy hits and kills a motorcyclist and it's ruled a traffic accident and the guy gets a ticket. Driving while intoxicated on alcohol they do the breathalyzer use the limit set by law and try to put him away for a long time if he is over. If a guy stoned out of his mind runs down a motorcyclist how is that going to work? THC can stay in your system for a month after only 1 cigarette. A little visine and may not even be able to tell he is stoned. I sure hope no one here is going to tell me that MJ doesn't affect your motor skills, that probably means you all smoking some crappy stuff not worth smoking.
its an ELEVATED level of THC when a search warrant for blood is conducted. alcohol is .08 in just about every state now. each state sets their own elevated level tho for marijuana.

and unless a warrant for ones blood is done the officer still needs probable cause based on field sobriety tests. just like you can ingest an alcoholic mixed beverage and still not be under the influence as far as the law goes.

so yea THC can stay in ur system for quite a while but that doesn't mean its at the level of intoxication as far as the state statute is concerned. and how long it stays in ur system is dependent on how often you smoke or eat marijuana.

actually it stays in the lining of ur brain for at least 85 years.

and as far as telling if one is stoned visine will do nothing to help with nystagmus or other field sobriety tests.

and remember when an officer performs a breathalyzer and the suspect blows .000 he will switch to a urine test. the breathalyzer or urine test has nothn to do with the arrest itself. those tests only determine if the suspect is going to lose their operators license.

once the suspect gets into the police dept to blow or take a urine test or blood if they cosent or ur state statute allows for it he or she is ALREADY under arrest based on his field sobriety tests, admissions, mechanism of injury from a car accident, place he was coming from (bar?) or any other evidence he can come up with but the point is unless ur state has PBT (preliminary breath tests) the officer has to make a determination to arrest based on his observations NOT the breathalyzer test or urine test.

There is talk out here they will be issuing cheek swab tests for THC. It still has a 8-10 hour window i believe so you could ring up hot. It sucks cause THC has massively different half life in the bodies o different people.

Well Gnbrett you can roll out here on retirement, my offer still there if ya want someone to ride with... Though i prefer you are sober at that time :p

For one pot is not addictive? Very false statement as my wife and I went through some very hard times with our son. Getting him off it was almost impossible. He has now been clean for 2 years and I thank god for that. There are people that can do it a few times a year and then their are people that once have it love the effect and are hooked. Ive seen it first hand and I've seen it wreck a life. My opinion it can stay in Colorado. You wanna get high strap a busa between your legs and do a track day. :)

For one pot is not addictive? Very false statement as my wife and I went through some very hard times with our son. Getting him off it was almost impossible. He has now been clean for 2 years and I thank god for that. There are people that can do it a few times a year and then their are people that once have it love the effect and are hooked. Ive seen it first hand and I've seen it wreck a life. My opinion it can stay in Colorado. You wanna get high strap a busa between your legs and do a track day. :)

Pot isn't addictive. I know many people who just stopped doing it because they got bored with it. Grew out of it etc.... Me being one of them. I suffered no withdrawals etc... It's all perspective I guess. Sorry you had such a rough time with your son.

Bad habits aren't addictions, but share some the same qualities. Some people can be broken of those bad habits more easily then others, while some seem impossible to break.

He's a habit one could try to break. Try going through the day without touching your head.

There is talk out here they will be issuing cheek swab tests for THC. It still has a 8-10 hour window i believe so you could ring up hot. It sucks cause THC has massively different half life in the bodies o different people.

Well Gnbrett you can roll out here on retirement, my offer still there if ya want someone to ride with... Though i prefer you are sober at that time :p
sounds like a plan and no riding dirty for me....:beerchug:

Back