Motorbike dealer goes bust.

newman

Registered
Just found out the dealer where I brought my Busa "George White Motors Ltd" has gone bust, it was the largest independent dealer in the UK, and used to sell all the top four makes of Japanese bikes.
Eight shops shut, all staff made redundant.

I don't know where you can buy cheap Suzuki's now, the only other place selling cheap stopped selling Suzuki's last year, only sells Honda's and Kawasaki's now.
Another place near me only sells Ducati's now, although they used to sell at full price.

Man it's getting crazy over here in the UK, a lot of big stores of all kinds are going bust.
Some of our biggest stores have gone, and more in administration.

Peacocks a cloths shop, 564 shops will go if they can't find a buyer.
Woolworth's gone.
And many more.

All since this banking crisis.
It makes me sick our government bailed out all these banks with tax payers money and the banks are not helping anyone out just letting them go bust.
And the directors are still getting millions of pounds in bonuses.

Where will it all end.

Yeah, it hasn't been great here either. Malls are empty. Kinda creepy walking through these once great big elgant shopping malls and only see a handful of small shops still open. Sounds like if your in a position, you have an excellent opportunity to be the only suzuki dealer around. :thumbsup: Providing the reasons they closed up isn't due to government regulations or something crazy. I can't imagine people not wanting a suzuki.

South Florida is same. Business and real estate boom big time here a decade ago. Now there are entire blocks of foreclosed homes in places like Stuart and Port St Lucie as well as closed shops and many many many restaurants.

Newman can you not buy one in France or another eu country? All on Euro would it not pay to see prices in other countries or is there some problem with titling and reg?

Wish I was in a position to open a bike shop, but I think I'm a bit to old to go into business now.

I just had a look at importing bikes seems a lot of mucking about, have to change the clocks from kph to mph being just one.

The thing is the dealers about now in the UK charge full price for a new bike $17100, I got mine last year for $14600 from George White.
George white was open for 34 years, it was not a dealers just opened selling bikes cheap then going bust.

The other cheap bike dealers "Motorcycles Direct" who stopped selling Suzuki's is a 100 years old, I don't know why they stopped selling them.

Wish I was in a position to open a bike shop, but I think I'm a bit to old to go into business now.

I just had a look at importing bikes seems a lot of mucking about, have to change the clocks from kph to mph being just one.

The thing is the dealers about now in the UK charge full price for a new bike $17100, I got mine last year for $14600 from George White.
George white was open for 34 years, it was not a dealers just opened selling bikes cheap then going bust.

The other cheap bike dealers "Motorcycles Direct" who stopped selling Suzuki's is a 100 years old, I don't know why they stopped selling them.

did I read that right or did you convert it already? 17100 GBP or USD :omg:::9

South Florida is same. Business and real estate boom big time here a decade ago. Now there are entire blocks of foreclosed homes in places like Stuart and Port St Lucie as well as closed shops and many many many restaurants.

Newman can you not buy one in France or another eu country? All on Euro would it not pay to see prices in other countries or is there some problem with titling and reg?

Doesn't France cap all bikes at 100hp? Without the power, I don't think I'd be interested in owning a Busa. ???

Sad that the dealer closed. The world needs to find a way out of this recession, but at the same time, make sure that human rights aren't violated in making our products.

zukracer I already converted it, it cost £9399.

ahhh ok, for a second I was like, how the hell does anyone afford a busa if it was 17100GBP ... then I thought for that kinda cash I'd find a way to import a few 2011s :laugh:

thats still a fair chunk o change more than what we pay here in USD, I have seen 2011s on ebay for around 11200USD out the door, so you guys are still paying a premium for the bikes. :banghead:

Back