Colorado Pot Update

Gpmo

Registered
Well its been two months now and here in Colorado things are still going well. For those of you that are interested in how its been going on here. Prices are still high, but folks are still pumping money into the shops instead of their old dealers. Revenues have exceeded the initial projections. There has been none of the feared issues for the most part. Though there are some still. Due to heavy inspections and licensing process the amount of shops trying to open has been slowed way down. The state says it will take around 3 years to get caught up with all the new shops licensing. This limits the amount of shops keeping prices higher and keeping some folks from using a legal method for purchase.

The overall numbers are hard to get, but the first month sales were very high, they far exceeded expectations. one county alone collected almost $56k in taxes. The amount of shops that opened the first week was under 30. There are more now but looking at the amount of shops opened vs amount collected its a clear sign. Many folks are waiting on shops to open closer to them. Take where i live, there isn't a shop here in norther colorado, folks have to drive to denver. Another issue thats come up once again is the banking issue. Some shops are borderline on felony for their cash handling. Since there is no bank that will take their cash they are forced to get "creative" with how they bank their money. Or they do not bank it at all. This is creating a problem having so much cash in these shops and making them targets for criminals. Though the banking industry is attempting to fix this issue.

Our governor has announced plans to use the tax revenue finally. The desire will be to use the money to provide more youth prevention. Also to add beds and funding to substance abuse and prevention. And finally for law enforcement. A side benefit is colorado is of course seen an increas in "tourism" while thats good and bad that means more money into local business tills.

Go figure the edibles are one of the highest selling. I know a few people have decided to partake and they have all been very happy with the experience of going to a store instead of skulking about with street dealers. Apparently though this isn't grandpas pot, depending on what effect you are wanting this stuff has massive kick now.

Heres some articles for those that are interested.

7NEWS - Pot taxes bring money to Colorado; Gov. Hickenlooper proposes spending plan for safety, education - Local Story
Pot buyers add more than $1M to Colorado tax coffers - TODAY.com

Banks cleared to accept marijuana business - CNN.com

Interesting article on how MJ effects people
Different Types of Weed and Their Effects

Sorry for long post just know some people are interested in the "Colorado/ Washington experiment"

So to be clear, anyone can just go to a specific store and buy it there? That would be weird to see a pot shop.

Last time I saw it was maybe in the late 70s at a Kiss concert :)

So to be clear, anyone can just go to a specific store and buy it there? That would be weird to see a pot shop.

Last time I saw it was maybe in the late 70s at a Kiss concert :)

Ya anyone 21 years and older with a valid ID.

I know a guy in his 50s who went. Said it was one of the strangest things he had ever done, but it was awesome to be able to just goto a store.

Back in '69 they sent 4 large armed men to apprehend my 18 year old stupid ass self for possessing a nickel bag of weed. Handcuffed me, put them on tight too. Threatened to shoot me in no uncertain terms if I even tried to flee. Bail, lawyers, total nightmare. And now...it's been a long time coming. I don't even smoke it anymore but glad to see the tide has turned. Crazy how life is sometimes, huh ?

I saw an article that said DUI's had increased like, 50%....

So the state not only gets money from the tax on weed but also the $$$ for DUI fines and bail money as a result of the weed....

In the Immortal words of the Grand Warlock himself Mr.Charlie Sheen I believe Colorado is

"WINNING"

:laugh:

I guess CO does not plan on cutting back Big Macs or limiting sales to small bags of chips :laugh: like some of the other states that seem to want to tell you what you can and can not eat in a fast food place.

I saw an article that said DUI's had increased like, 50%....

I've been looking for about 20 minutes and i can't find any article to support that. Not saying it doesn't exist just can't find anything supporting that fact. if it is true, i want to give huge hats off to the cops for being diligent. DUIs here are pricey.

Due to all this news worthy info, I heard a new meaning of the word "Wax" the other day. A ultra high THC concoction. One dude made his 75% THC......I would be.....:laugh:

Due to all this news worthy info, I heard a new meaning of the word "Wax" the other day. A ultra high THC concoction. One dude made his 75% THC......I would be.....:laugh:

Wax is not for the new user. It would be like taking a guy thats only ever had a 3.2 beer from a gas station and then throwing him a can of everclear.

Yep, it's helping everyone, even Girl Scouts.

Sold 117 boxes in one day in front of a Pot clinic. :laugh:
Enterprising Girl Scout Sells Cookies Outside Marijuana Clinic : The Two-Way : NPR

Gpmo tell me something. What is the maximum quantity one can purchase per visit from these places?
Is there any system in place preventing them from hitting every store for the max? And lastly do you think they will take Florida drivers licenses? :)

I seen a sign on a news clip that said 7 grams for out of towners and....28 grams for local?

Yep, it's helping everyone, even Girl Scouts.

Sold 117 boxes in one day in front of a Pot clinic. :laugh:
Enterprising Girl Scout Sells Cookies Outside Marijuana Clinic : The Two-Way : NPR

Gpmo tell me something. What is the maximum quantity one can purchase per visit from these places?
Is there any system in place preventing them from hitting every store for the max? And lastly do you think they will take Florida drivers licenses? :)

LOL those clever girls. Thats some funny stuff

As for amounts
7. What is the maximum amount you can buy in one day or one visit to the store?

Colorado residents can buy one ounce in a single sale; non-residents are limited to one quarter-ounce per single sale. There is no limit on the amount you can buy in a single day; just the amount you can buy in a single sale.

But i do believe there is another provision limiting the amount you can have on you and or in your home. When you buying they take the product depending on joint or buds or wax, oil or what have you. it is in its own packaging, then they take that and put it in another air sealed package in front of you and place in a bag. This seals in smell and prevents any open container issues you may have if getting pulled over.

They will accept any valid state ID.

Wax is often Vaped, this is also known as dabbing.
Decription
vaping
Web definitions
An electronic cigarette,electronic vaping device, personal vaporizer, or electronic nicotine delivery system is an electronic inhaler meant to simulate and substitute for tobacco smoking. It generally utilizes a heating element that vaporizes a liquid solution. ...
Electronic cigarette - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It appears that one of the most common methods is edibles and vaping these days. he edibles are easy to consume and i suppose tasty. The vaping is less harsh and as the smell is a lot less potent more acceptable.

man i must sound like the biggest pot head in the world. I swear i'm not, this subject is just highly interesting to me.

man i must sound like the biggest pot head in the world. I swear i'm not, this subject is just highly interesting to me.

No, at least it doesn't sound that way to me. I'm interested too even tho I've never smoked.

I heard they found a solution to the banking issue - what's the news?

I heard they found a solution to the banking issue - what's the news?

no answer to the banking issue as of last week...one owner has an employee that is full time just counting cash and turning it into money orders so they can pay the bills

there was an excellent report on CNBC, they have broken it down into several segments click here

Thanks for the update Gpmo!! I keep forgetting to ask my mom and sister what it's like out there since the legalization.

Very interesting to follow... :thumbsup:

via Samsung Galaxy SIII

ive said it before and ill say it again... the federal government gave the green light to states to sell pot and make it legal at the STATE LEVEL...what people are still not getting is that it still is ILLEGAL at the federal level. what does this mean to you? go buy a gun and when you fill out the background check it asks.."are you addicted to any illegal drugs"...this is a FEDERAL FORM. there have even been states that have pot legal, that are introducing bills that once you get card, you are put on CAN NOT BUY GUNS list. this is a very slippery slope folks.

Back