Chrome?

So your saying because one has chrome he don't spend time caring for the bike? Oh come on..
Certainly not. I'm saying I personally don't want to spend time polishing chrome as well as doing the other stuff.

I'd be suprised/disappointed if someone spent so much time to make their ride look good, and then neglected to do the essential maintenance (although I do see riders who bling out their bike and then don't bother to buy good riding gear, but that's a different issue.)

Sorry but I consider carbon fiber bling city.  Especially CF parts that serve no purpose...aka everything.
laugh.gif

I love chrome...I want some chrome rims for my Busa and will get them when I can afford them.
Well BV, let me give you something to dream about....
biggrin.gif

painted.jpg

I wish I had weighed my parts before and after all the chrome was done just to show how ignorable the weight difference would be.Its an electric process,for crying out loud, the parts arent dipped in lead.Like Mr Brown said it actually requires less attention than paint. I highly doubt that anyone would notice a change in performance due to chrome.
SHINE ON BROTHAS!!!  
tounge.gif
I'm shinin'... I'm shinin'
biggrin.gif

mynewbusa.jpg

MAN! all those bikes look great, but for me I'm personally tired of cleaning the stuff(have had my share of it with a 93 softail springer too much of a good thing maybe) so yall keep the pretty bikes and I'll admire them from a distance,they look great! (in someone elses garage).

Not trying get folks riled just my opinion.

<!--EDIT|slpstream
Reason for Edit: None given...|1120718556 -->

BA, how does that headlight work for you?
rock.gif
LOL!!
Actually it works great. I have the 6000K HID kit and it still penetrates the smoked lens. I actually had a cop pull me over in Myrtle Beach one night because it was TOOOOO bright...
biggrin.gif
Go figure! No ticket though. He actually thought it was cool after I explained what it was.

rock.gif
LOL!!
Actually it works great.  I have the 6000K HID kit and it still penetrates the smoked lens.  I actually had a cop pull me over in Myrtle Beach one night because it was TOOOOO bright...
biggrin.gif
 Go figure!  No ticket though.  He actually thought it was cool after I explained what it was.
Cool, I was being a smart-a$$, glad to hear that it really works!!

rock.gif
LOL!!
Actually it works great.  I have the 6000K HID kit and it still penetrates the smoked lens.  I actually had a cop pull me over in Myrtle Beach one night because it was TOOOOO bright...
biggrin.gif
 Go figure!  No ticket though.  He actually thought it was cool after I explained what it was.
Cool, I was being a smart-a$$, glad to hear that it really works!!
Good to see your being your norm...
laugh.gif

Sportbikes however, are supposed to be high-tech and light-weight.

Now, I see chromed-out sportbikes. Huh? Did I miss something? I'm all for self-expression, but when did the change happen? And why?
The change happened april 18th 1992 around 3:17 pm I believe....

Why? Because different people like different things??

Most guys I see on Busa's are weighing in at 220+ lbs....and worry about stock cans being so heavy.
tounge.gif

I, just like bentvalve, like chrome. I plan on putting some wheels, swingarm, bar ends........hell I don't know, whatever trips my trigger!
Chrome isn't any tougher to keep clean than anything else. IMO it looks great on any bike, provided it isn't overdone...

NJ, as always, it is great to see your ride. very, very sweet!

I had chrome parts on my 88 GSXR750/1100 back in 1992 and was considered top dog. Frame, wheels, and swingarm where all chrome. I had some chrome and gold on my last bike. To each his/her own.

As soon as I get my Busa it's definetly going to be a set chromed wheels,chromed swingarm and a highly polished frame on my list of things to do.That combination with a fine tuned,well maintained Busa can't be beat........ You can't do a thing if u ain't got datt bling do-wa-do-wa-do-wa-do-wa.
cool.gif

<!--EDIT|Gerald
Reason for Edit: None given...|1120746705 -->

I wish I had weighed my parts before and after all the chrome was done just to show how ignorable the weight difference would be.Its an electric process,for crying out loud, the parts arent dipped in lead.Like Mr Brown said it actually requires less attention than paint. I highly doubt that anyone would notice a change in performance due to chrome.
SHINE ON BROTHAS!!!  
tounge.gif
I'm shinin'... I'm shinin'
biggrin.gif
Yes you are , she's lookin nice as hell man!!!

Back