China becoming more powerful

winlite

Registered
U.S. and other countries competing for China to invest in securities. China because they are the one with the money. They have been buying our debt for some time now and we are depending on them to buy much more.
They are buying up mining and manufacturing all over the world.
This should be very disturbing to all of us. What will be the ultimate outcome of this?

U.S. and other countries competing for China to invest in securities. China because they are the one with the money. They have been buying our debt for some time now and we are depending on them to buy much more.
They are buying up mining and manufacturing all over the world.
This should be very disturbing to all of us. What will be the ultimate outcome of this?

Been going on for a long time. It is probably too late to do anything about it.

Wal Mart is a distribution hub for China....so it appears. Look how big Wal Mart is.

Buy American products when you can. It will help.
I even try to buy local/state when I can...especially at the grocery stores.

Japan did the same thing 20 years ago and we all needed to learn Japanese at the time...

Besides I don't see a whole lot I can do about it.

What we don't see is the global influence of China. They are all over South America, Africa and to some extent Canada. They also have good relationships in the Middle East.

We both take risks. Maybe it will make War unproductive for both. We could always default on their loans or nationalize their investments if they start too much trouble.

Wal Mart is a distribution hub for China....so it appears. Look how big Wal Mart is.

Buy American products when you can. It will help.
I even try to buy local/state when I can...especially at the grocery stores.

Absolutely :beerchug: I've been pushing this with my friends for a couple of years. This country needs a grass roots movement to support locally owned business. It's a little more expense that can be made up for by careful budgeting, but a practice that would have huge benefits for all of us over time.

As of Nov'08 China held 22.1% of the US dept and Japan 18.7%. Combined the don't own us.. not yet!

Source - Wikipedia.org
Posted via Mobile Device

Are we not afraid that the largest Communist country needs to loan money to the largest capitalist country to keep the economy afloat?

just wait till they get thier carrier operational, then we can see how ballsy they are really gonna get. they've already shown that they are willing to show off that they evolved into a great superpower by flexing thier muscles with thier sub fleet, missle batteries (and took place of our starwars defense...thanx Willie!), and air force, not to mention one helluva army. swinging deals with Chavez for oil in return for millitary support... etc. (all on CNN throughout last year.)

I try to not buy anything made in China. But it is hard. I wanted to get a flower pot at Walmart the other day and dang if everyone of the ceramic pots were made in China. I left them there. I think I am going to go to the local pottery place and make my own or at least buy one they have made already. I also support the local farmers markets and such. Usually great produce and alot cheaper than in other stores and the money stays local. And I have been going to the local butcher shop. I am slowly weening myself off of Walmart Crack!!! :) It is hard, they are 24/7 and you can get "everything" in one stop. :banghead:

All American made stuff.
The Union Shop - your home for all things Made In the USA and Union Made.
American Made Products and/or Services Made in USA
I have never used any of these sites, but it might be worth a try.

Etsy :: Your place to buy and sell all things handmade (crafty kind of place and you can buy from individuals - like ebay)

what chaps my butt is that "american" brands are made over there...ie- "american" eagle, "american" lock, and there was another that I noticed the other day, but already forgot. it wouldn't bother me if it was made somewhere between canada and chili...but asia?

As long as "trade agreements" are in place nothing will change. American products sold overseas pay a much higher tariff then other countries while these same countries pay a lower tax.

Caterpillar is one example.

'Caterpillar is in many ways a typical American company,' Griswold told IBD. 'It sells more abroad (63% of sales) than here, and it's increasingly a global company. The success of its U.S. workers and shareholders is determined by its success abroad. That depends on free trade, freedom of investment, and strong relations with its commercial partners.'

Without free trade, Caterpillar is stuck paying around $100,000 in tariffs for each earthmover it sells to Colombia, a big mining country that's one of Caterpillar's best markets..."

Free Market Politics: CAT, Workers, Investors Could Use More FTAs

As long as the WTO (world trade organization) is in effect don't look for anything to change. Add NAFTA to this also.

(still waiting for the answer on who cast the winning vote on NAFTA. anyone?)

r8

Are we not afraid that the largest Communist country needs to loan money to the largest capitalist country to keep the economy afloat?

Japan also owns a chunk of US debt. Pretty soon they will not need to attack the US, they will only need to forclose. The extra trillions of dollars in the budget over the past few months only speeds up the process.

Welcome to the reality of what we have read in Revelations of the Bible. Don't get me wrong, we aren't in a tribulation in terms of what is discussed in the book, but things are pointing towards that direction.

I'm not a doomsday kind of guy, but that stuff is real, and it's beginning to show it's head. Will you see it all come to pass in your lifetime? I have no idea, I just know that it will all happen.

Welcome to the reality of what we have read in Revelations of the Bible. Don't get me wrong, we aren't in a tribulation in terms of what is discussed in the book, but things are pointing towards that direction.

I'm not a doomsday kind of guy, but that stuff is real, and it's beginning to show it's head. Will you see it all come to pass in your lifetime? I have no idea, I just know that it will all happen.

Funny you mention that. I've been studying it for the last month. Weird coincidences.

please can we not go down this road?

Things have been much worse in history prior to this.
Posted via Mobile Device

Back