"chicken strips"

To be "IN" with your friends,,, try one of these before you go out!
icon10.gif

Bwahahaha!! Anybody going to those lengths has major confidence issues.

Tires actually tell a story of their history. They are happy to share where they have been and what they have done since the day they were mounted. It doesn't necessarily tell the story of the rider as you may have loaned Vman1300 your bike the day before and you can be sporting a genuinely spanked tire even though it may be your first bike?

If a tire is used out to the edge and has the visual look of an orange peal, you can pretty much know the fella in the seat is probably a better than average rider. Doesn't necessarily mean he is fast, just means he has some talent. If the tire is romped to the edge with little wads of rubber hanging off the bitter edge, you know the tire has been very hot and has seen some serious romping on the track.

For me at least, I do gather a great deal of information from a bike's rear tire! Tires are like photographs, they don't lie!

Tires actually tell a story of their history. They are happy to share where they have been and what they have done since the day they were mounted. It doesn't necessarily tell the story of the rider as you may have loaned Vman1300 your bike the day before and you can be sporting a genuinely spanked tire even though it may be your first bike?

If a tire is used out to the edge and has the visual look of an orange peal, you can pretty much know the fella in the seat is probably a better than average rider. Doesn't necessarily mean he is fast, just means he has some talent. If the tire is romped to the edge with little wads of rubber hanging off the bitter edge, you know the tire has been very hot and has seen some serious romping on the track.

For me at least, I do gather a great deal of information from a bike's rear tire! Tires are like photographs, they don't lie!

this is a very true statement :thumbsup:

With one exception I can think of. Had a rear tire go down once. Because I rode it with low, no air the chicken strips were completely removed and it gave the outside of the tread that orange peel look.

I got strips too but frankly am not comfy going much further over... already going as fast as I care to on the street... this is 300 miles on a new D. qualifier chasing RacerV and Busa159.. had a blast but I doubt I have the nads to go any faster out there..

DSCN3869.JPG

Here is my 600RR race slick after a practice day at the track.

My PP 2CT w/ the Michelin man scrubbed off the side on the Busa.

A shot of strip removal - :whistle:

Like has been said the more upright the bike is, the larger contact patch you have. You don't have to lean it all the way over, but sometimes ...

TX WORLDTIRE.jpg

Tire_After.JPG

9O4Y2987.jpg

Back