Chicken Strips

(gtrpimp76 @ Aug. 26 2007,02:10)
(Tango1300 @ Aug. 26 2007,00:14)
(gtrpimp76 @ Aug. 25 2007,01:43) Oh man! don't get some of us track boys started in this thread. Watch out for Charles, BA, DD, Cosmo, VMAN (get well soon dude!!), and a couple others.

No strips here:

WILLOW060.jpg

As a result of a little of this:

CP2_3357.jpg

CP2_3361.jpg
Yeah... but on a GSXR they come that way!!  Lets see your Busa pics with the Knee on the ground.

Cerberus:  Come to the TX Fall BASH!! I am sure you will find all new roads to play on.  The Forrest is not the place to play around here.  You have to get outside the Forrest and away from the PoPo to have some fun!
Here ya go:

ryabusa7.jpg

ryabusa2.jpg

ryabusa10.jpg
Only the '05 black/grey can lean like that!
biggrin.gif

(TennBusa @ Aug. 24 2007,17:37) I was just thinking the same thing Chris.  The Dragon will do away with chicken strips or give you some rashed plastic, one or the other, sometimes both.  Hey, Vabs did make it on TO the Dragon this past year.  I've seen photgraphic proof.  Then again, Darryl can use photoshop.

Now Vabs, put that belt sander down.  You know my heads slick enough as it is.

super.gif
Ye of so little faith...
laugh.gif

Hubby and the Harley crowd I was riding with sort of didn't tell me we were going the "back way" to Robbinsville. I was passing the overlook and noticed a painted dragon on the road when I realized I was indeed ON the Dragon
laugh.gif

Hey, it got me there...

See, PROOF!
poke.gif

DragonRiding2.jpg

laugh.gif

(VaBusa @ Aug. 28 2007,11:39)
(TennBusa @ Aug. 24 2007,17:37) I was just thinking the same thing Chris.  The Dragon will do away with chicken strips or give you some rashed plastic, one or the other, sometimes both.  Hey, Vabs did make it on TO the Dragon this past year.  I've seen photgraphic proof.  Then again, Darryl can use photoshop.

super.gif
Ye of so little faith...  
laugh.gif

Hubby and the Harley crowd I was riding with sort of didn't tell me we were going the "back way" to Robbinsville.  I was passing the overlook and noticed a painted dragon on the road when I realized I was indeed ON the Dragon  
laugh.gif

Hey, it got me there...

See, PROOF!  
poke.gif
Wow! She carves those corners like a dolphin thru the water!

laugh.gif

(SnapAttack @ Aug. 27 2007,14:55) "...if your hanging off the bike like your supposed too, the bike will be more upright and you can take turns more aggressively and safely. That isn't chicken folks... that's smart STREET riding.

beerchug.gif
+1

(LCB @ Aug. 28 2007,11:59)
(VaBusa @ Aug. 28 2007,11:39)

super.gif
Ye of so little faith...  
laugh.gif

Hubby and the Harley crowd I was riding with sort of didn't tell me we were going the "back way" to Robbinsville.  I was passing the overlook and noticed a painted dragon on the road when I realized I was indeed ON the Dragon  
laugh.gif

Hey, it got me there...

See, PROOF!  
poke.gif
Wow!  She carves those corners like a dolphin thru the water!
I've got MAD SKILLZ...
muscle.gif

laugh.gif

It is interesting that as much as street riders are concerned with chicken strips, over a period of a few years I've been doing track days, I haven't heard even once anyone concerned with that. It's all about lines, braking points, smoothness, body position, being relaxed, etc. Neither coaches, nor riders are really concerned with that, even in the beginner's group.

The mere thought of chicken strips and how to reduce them can lead to a sad ending - street or track. So the right attitude should be this: instead of this line of thinking "how do I reduce my chicken strips?", a rider should just ride and after coming home take a look at the tire and say "my chicken strips are smaller, I was riding pretty hard". See what I mean? Trying to get rid of them on the street requires very sharp execution and ideal conditions.

Now, on the track would be a different story - ideal conditions, same turns.

Would it be a good time to brag a little? That's June of last year.

<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>Picture of Rear tire</span>

<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>Picture of Rear tire closeup</span>

What is interesting that I ride in the slow half of intermediate group. So looking at my tire, uninitiated person may think it's one fast guy while in reality I am just OK in terms of speed. This is as scientific as it gets.Go figure.

I agree 100% IG.

I noticed as I got faster and started taking better lines around the track and concerned myself with other aspects of riding, lack of chicken strips and scraped knee pucks were the least of my concerns! They naturally looked roasted and knee pucks were always ground down.

In fact, I'm trying to learn tire conservation and tire life! Any good trackday rider can easily roast up a set of brand new tires after a single trackday or two, and render them useless for the track.

Back