Ok, let's see yer chicken strips...

BulletTrain

Call me Daddy...
Donating Member
Registered
Ok, this hasn't been done in a while... It's time again. Post up picks of yer chicken strips, or lack of chicken strips. How low do you go?

I'm no knee dragger but mine ain't too bad. I'm not ashamed of 'em anyway. I've prolly gone a bit further over since these pics, but not by much, if any at all. Not enough that you could measure it in a pic anyway.

Come on... Don't be shy. Show me how you REALLY ride. And yeah, I know... a rider's strips ain't really a true measure of how fast he/she is, etc. I don't care about all that. Not askin' who's fast and who ain't. I don't want excuses or debates on how important or unimportant strips are, I just want to see pics of yer tires.
wink.gif

These were taken after my first good tire scrubbin' ride on the 10...

35417111.jpg

35417112.jpg

Here's a couple pics of the strips I had on Train's stock rear...

36765142.jpg

36765143.jpg

And the only pics I could find of the Powers after an initial scrub in ride... Got the left side pretty good on that ride. Didn't get the right side on over until later. Don't think I have pics of it after I got both sides scrubbed in though...

31426477.jpg

31426479.jpg

Well my camera sux compared to the above pics.. It focused more on the rim, but you can see... my Florida strips are very thin!
tounge.gif

<!--EDIT|GJoker
Reason for Edit: None given...|1101397070 -->

Oh, for all the FL guys, show us yer chicken PLANKS!
biggrin.gif
You are such a funny guy.
Funny but true..
biggrin.gif
wow.gif
It is hard to use all the tire down in South FL. Pirellis go like butter in the center. I learned the hard way different sets fror up north and down in FL. Yes there are lots of good roads to ride but not many real twisties that I ahve found compared to New England.. But Hey the weather is better the open roads are fun and the bikers are great.

biggrin.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
ONly Problem here is that only the small percentage that actually LEAN at all are goin gto post up there Strips... I mean the straightline "Skeered" of leanincrowd just isn't going to post up...

I'll post up soon as I get home, Saturday or Sunday.

In the Meantime, lets all ooo and AAhhh over Busagod's offerin over in Cecils thread....

You'll notice that he's skeered to actually get it "ALL" the way over...

Last edited by a moderator:
Plus with all the strait roads down here it's common to run very high speeds which burns up the middle really fast.
biggrin.gif

You would think a guy on a new ZX-10 wouldn't have any strips... Maybe its just me
smile.gif

Mine... stock tires, 8100 miles on them, no edge left.  Although I can get the bike to scrape the pegs when I want to, I rarely do.  The bike can go to the edge of the tire withough scraping, there is enough clearance.

chickenstrip.jpg

Back