Lowered bike and chicken strips ?

qwknuf6

Registered
Can I get rid of the chicken strips (on my tires) if the bike is lowered 2 1/2" in the rear and 1 1/4" in the frt, My strips are about 1/16th of an inch wide(each side ) , do I need to ride harder or raise the bike to get rid of that last little bit ?

Mark

I would worry about scraping the plastics if mine was lowered that much...
rock.gif

Mine was 2 1/2" all the way around and there is no way to get it over with out hitting something on the ground.
cussing.gif

I came up and 1" and stiffened the forks and rear strut. The bike was like brand new.
super.gif

I am lowered all around also. You try getting over any more and you are going to put what I call THUGGIN' strips. You will scrape your plastics right where they bend under the bike. You will get those down on the pavement before you drag knee. IMO, unless you have a legit reason for it being so low, I'd bring it up an inch or so.

I am lowered all around also.  You try getting over any more and you are going to put what I call THUGGIN' strips.  You will scrape your plastics right where they bend under the bike.  You will get those down on the pavement before you drag knee.  IMO, unless you have a legit reason for it being so low, I'd bring it up an inch or so.
+1, low is for draggin a straight line not a knee!

I've been asking on this forum about raising the rear end up 1" or 2"; install an undertail mod; and basically make it look more like a big bad track bike. Has anyone here heard of doing a mod like this to a busa?

To me the stock busa's look more like drag bikes than track bikes but I think cleaning up the rear end and raise it a little would get my bike where I think I want it.

you mean like this? I have 1 1/2 in the rear.
The undertail mod looks good. Who's is it: Hardbodies, Targa, ??

I can't tell if you raised the rear. Did you? and if so, how did you do it?

I had my busa up on the rear wheel stand and there's about 2" clear from wheel to concrete. That appears to be a little too high, but 1 1/4" to 1 1/2" would be good for me. I can still get my leg over the seat cowl when its on the rear stand but I don't think I want to ride it that high.

I noticed my spring preload nuts are at about the half way point on the threads. This is how the dealership set it up. Is this OK?

thanks

Unless you're riding on the track, you shouldn't be "trying" to get rid of your "wisdom" strips.

With the bike lowered, you're reducing your ground clearance and your available lean angle.  The only way to corner the bike without dragging hard parts is to learn how to hang off the bike properly so that you reduce the lean angle required for a given speed through a turn.  Eventually, you'll still run out of lean available lean angle as your speed through the turns increases.

Lowered Busa's look cool, but lose some of their cornering ability.

Here's hanging off the bike... (no, it's not a Busa
tounge.gif
 )

060419RA_5446.jpg

Here's a shot from when I still had the Busa.  Stock height.
wink.gif

ps_dsc_442693.jpg

you mean like this? I have 1 1/2 in the rear.
The undertail mod looks good.  Who's is it:  Hardbodies, Targa, ??

I can't tell if you raised the rear.  Did you?  and if so, how did you do it?

I had my busa up on the rear wheel stand and there's about 2" clear from wheel to concrete.  That appears to be a little too high, but 1 1/4" to 1 1/2" would be good for me.  I can still get my leg over the seat cowl when its on the rear stand but I don't think I want to ride it that high.

I noticed my spring preload nuts are at about the half way point on the threads.  This is how the dealership set it up.  Is this OK?

thanks
Nothing raised, everything is all stock except for a three hole dog bone in the rear (You can get them on e-bay) and used the 2nd hole.

The undertail was a trade, the guy claimed it was home made.

Back