+10 and lowered Gen I getting the chicken strips off!

Lucid

Registered
+10 and lowered Gen I getting the chicken strips off.

At Eureka Springs two weekends ago. I went and [unbeknownst to my girlfriend] I gave myself a 50/50 chance of going down from pushing it too hard.

Ended up not going down at all, and even staying at the front of the pack with a good trackday rider of mine on an R1.

Anyway, worked off almost all of my strips on the back and even the front, which I never thought was going to be possible on this bike. :thumbsup: I have a new found respect for it. Softened the rebound in the front and rear a few clicks and she was good to go. Just had to be REALLY easy on the throttle coming out of corners because with these somewhat harder tires and this stretch, the bike wanted to slide around in the back if applying even 1/4 throttle and the bike isn't in a straight line.

Anyway, a coupe of pics:

IMG_0032.jpg

IMG_0024.jpg

IMG_0086.jpg

IMG_0087.jpg

Can see the whole bike in this pic, and kinda see how large the front chicken strip is in this pic.
DSCN0002-2.jpg

(I know, I need a black QA clutch cover to finish the right side of the bike, but I got a good deal on a guy's unpainted cut fairings!)

Great pics, looks like a great ride. As far as the chicken strips, forget those things....and enjoy your ride.

Super nice looking bike.

OK I'll bite, What are chicken strips? ???

And don't forget to tell WHY they are called that.

I knew the Busa was named after a bird, But I didn't think it was a chicken. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Thanks guys. And yeah, 2bros, I wasn't thinking much about it during the ride, I really had to focus on not letting that rear slide too much. But I looked once I got everything home and was surprised that the strips were almost gone.

There is a video somewhere on youtube where a racer or journalist or something takes a stretched bike to the track and it's not much slower than stock, but I haven't been able to find it for years.

On strips, most people are used to seeing Busas with these kinds of strips. I know that before I got one, I didn't think they could corner at all. It was just common perception of the bike by non-owners.

http://www.breaklites.com/gallery/albums/userpics/Resize%20of%20100_0380.jpg

Just the unused portion of the tire, wherein, as the tale goes, the rider is too "chicken" to get over that far (the bike/tires will hit those angles). But really anymore, a lot of it depends on the tire. My other rear rim has a shinko u-soft on it for the drag strip, and there is a 0% chance I will get that fat flat tire anywhere near the edge.

Anyway, Dave Moss on the subject:

Back