chain & sprocket issues

ok i counted 132 pins on the chain including the master link & 45 teeth on the rear sprocket...there is a engraving on the sprocket 530...is this a 530 chain?

DSC00783.jpg

Is the swingarm the jackshaft type of arm? It is a 330 so you might have to get your front sprocket from roaring toyz.

Wipe a couple of the links off on the chain, as it will be engraved also. It should be a 530 chain. The sprocket is for a 530.

You are already 2 teeth up on the rear sprocket also if it is 45 teeth.

I can't believe the way that sprocket looks on that nice wheel and that chain looks like a 750 spec chain...call my cell tomorrow and I'll get you right...pm sent

Sprocket looks to be rc components i have them in chrome in stock also..

Last edited:
yea but I doubt that the aluminum sprocket on the wide tire kit would have let you get away with that.. for all the hype about "lighter" I would never give up the durability of a steel sprocket again.. learned that lesson..

I always called Charles at Street N Track and used what he sent me. The rear sprockets were steel. The fronts were a gold color from memory.

WOW..ok. Let me get this staight. You have a 330 with OSD Right? They should have NEVER put that chain or sprocket on that bike.

OSD kits have what...told by dealers a 18 or 19t front sprocket due to the output sheild to clear everything on that mod kit. ITs steel and it should be fine at only 900 miles. THat chain in 900 miles is the issue.
Get a Ek ZZZ o-ring chain...their like 11,500 stength. Its what Im running and it stretched for the first few 100 miles. HAve fun cleaning all the fact chain grease it slings:laugh:
Rear sprockets....STEEL by all means pullin on that big 330:whistle:. Im running a DRIVEN steel. Make sure you get the right one for the wheels you have. RC, stock, and others run diff bolt pattern.
What is the tooth now on the bike. WIth the OSD front and running..guessing the 18t front, should get maybe a 43 to 45 ( rec 45 ) to get power to the 330. Call full thouttle and ask him what tooth is on the front of his OSD since you got the bike from them. ( oh he is high price on things..sorry spoke with him about getting me the OSD front half..only about $1000 over what I found elswhere). I actually KNOW who is making the OSD kits for everyone like him, Roaring, and trac....:laugh: I have a great price now.

Sorry in your PMs...I had no idea your where running a 330 OSD.

Last edited:
i'll unbolt the front & view the sprocket in a while, hopefully it's good...this bolt pattern issue for the rear sprocket...i hope i can get a good one for the rear...should maybe call RC

so is that a steel rear sprocket? looking at the pic, i would swear I can see "stamping" marks in the cut outs..

I am going to take a guess and say that it was adjusted too tight in the first place. I have also learned in the past not to overtighten a chain ,even a little over tight. When it is too tight and then puts tourqe on the chain when riding , it stretches it out almost instantly. That chain also looks not well cared for. After 3000 miles mine looks brand new. All that extra grease everywhere just attracts dirt and adds to the troubles. Just saying so you don't run into the same trouble again after spending a few hundred on new stuff and it gets ruined in another 900 miles.

Last edited:
I don't believe the chain is toast in 900 miles? Has anyone actually measured the links to see just how much ware has occurred? The sprocket looks fine to me. I have run those puppies until the teeth were so sharpe you could shave with them.

I'd bet if the truth was known, you'd find the chain has one extra link and it left you without much room for adjustment. If it were mine, I'd measure the chain links and see how much wear has occurred? You may only need to remove one link and go have fun!

how do you measure the chain links? the bike shop told me that once the chain has play while on the sprocket it is worn...the sprocket is chrome...it is RC wheels not sure if the sprocket is steel or aluminum

DSC00782.jpg

i'll unbolt the front & view the sprocket in a while, hopefully it's good...this bolt pattern issue for the rear sprocket...i hope i can get a good one for the rear...should maybe call RC

I have the RC czur. DRIVEN makes steel sprockets for RC wheels up to a 43T. Remember thu if the front is an 18t...you will want a 45T atleast for that big fatty. RC can get the 45..they sent me a chrome steel 45t with the wheels. Im holding onto it for latter:whistle:

how do you measure the chain links? the bike shop told me that once the chain has play while on the sprocket it is worn...the sprocket is chrome...it is RC wheels not sure if the sprocket is steel or aluminum

Question for you.....IF that sprocket is chrome and the bike ( chain ) only has 900 miles on it...what the heck did you ride it in? Need to do some cleaning there!

You ordered the new chain...done deal. How many tooth is the rear sprocket thats on there? Put on the new chain, clean up the rest of the bike, and go for a ride. Then let us know what you think and how it is doing...before spending more money. IF that sprocket came form RC with the wheels...then it is steel. THINK they only have steel sprockets, so nothing should be wrong with it.

rode thru rain all day sunday...Confirmed this morning that both sprockets are steel...dealer said the chain looks good & is RK brand...rear sprocket is 45 teeth. i think the problem is the local shop i took it to...they told me the chain needs to be kept at 1"-1.5" salck...1/2" is too tight...everywhere online i checked recommends 1/2" slack

wow...who would have guessed it was so shiny.....an inch to 1 1/8 inch of slack is what you want 1 1/8 to 1 1/4 if you ride with a passenger alot..what stretches the chain is the movement of the suspension up and down, it need the extra slack for movement as the distence from sprocket to sprocket changes ever so slightly as the swingarm doesnt pivot from the front sprocket...now that its cleaned up you sprocket looks fine...

what do you think now it's clean?

:laugh:much better BLING...now:rofl:
So if no need to spend money...thats a good thing, but you still need to remove a link right? If you have not adjustment left...right. I would say 1/2 in either direction, up or down.;
Then warm up the chain and chain wax it. GOOD TO GO>

Last edited:
Back