CHain Life

Mine is still within limits at 29K. Chain stretch has as much to do with maintenance as how you ride. Hard launches at the drag strip, wheelies and track days will half the life of a chain easily. If you are a commuter and ride more sanely expect up to 30K or more. Lack of regular maintenance willl destroy a chain in no time usually by causing frozen links. Only way to know is to measure and check the links. I think a lot of folks just tighten their chain when they do the adjustment. I would recommend backing off the adjusters until it is really loose and running the chain through a cloth in your hand slowly. Flex each link and check for binding. Then adjust and lube accordingly. Dupont Chain Saver is what I use and it has worked well for me.

When I change mine in 5K or so, I'll go to a X-ring chain with a supersprox. Love the black and gold look.

I've just changed mine at 35,080 miles and it was still within spec replaced with a D.I.D 530 ZVM-X and carbon steel sprockets.

I need to replace mine now around 22k, I need some advise as to what chain should be purchased. Any and all opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Back