Am i lucky or is the info i found wrong?

daviesmi

Registered
Long story short I have an 08 with just under 16k miles. I rode to the dragon from Ohio a week back when I got there I found my chain stretched. The chain is still factory so I thought it odd that it would stretch with this many miles on it. I looked through post and found the limits of the chain to be 12.54 inches for 21 pins. .My chain measures 12.75 inches. Am I lucky it didn't snap or am I looking at the wrong specs. Either way I have a new chain and sprocket set coming just want to know for sure.
Thanks

Some people have great luck with the factory chains, others don't. I'd say you got more than a life out of yours. My first Busa got less than 3k out of it before it went kaput

As LS said, the OEM chain is hit or miss.....they stretch a lot so I'd say 16k-miles is more than your money's worth out of it... :beerchug:

I always maintain my chain every 600 miles and I replaced my 09 at around 14K call Justin at East Toledo for a new EK ZZZ

I replaced my oem gold one with a new Ek black one simply because I wanted to.
I've got about 13k on it and have only had to adjust it once. I'm kinda lazy on the throttle though so someone else may have gotten less out of it.

I replaced my oem gold one with a new Ek black one simply because I wanted to.
I've got about 13k on it and have only had to adjust it once. I'm kinda lazy on the throttle though so someone else may have gotten less out of it.

Heard on the news they were trying to sneak in a bill to ban chains with more than 10 links!

I got 17 k out of mine and got 32 from the new EKzvx. putting on another one now . NEVER get another stock chain.

Back