chain lube

Silkolene Pro Synthetic every 400-500 miles, or when the chain starts looking dirty. Whichever comes first.
Posted via Mobile Device

Chain Wax

Chain_Wax_--.jpg

Chain Wax
Bingo! Give that man first prize. No fling and it's the only one out there that doesn't.
Clean your chain every 300 miles with kerosene, dry it and give it a good coating of Maxima chain Wax and you're good to go. Guess what? Braggin' here kids, I've been riding longer than 90% of you kids have been alive and have yet to ever need a new sprocket or chain!
Try it, you'll like it!

Last edited:
Bingo! Give that man first prize. No fling and it's the only one out there that doesn't.
Clean your chain every 300 miles with kerosene, dry it and give it a good coating of Maxima chain Wax and you're good to go. Guess what? Braggin' here kids, I've been riding longer than 90% of you kids have been alive and have yet to ever need a new sprocket or chain!
Try it, you'll like it!

That's the stuff I use. I lube it the night before every ride when I check the tire pressures. Rides are 300 to 500 miles.

Clean with kerosene too.

I'm still looking for the ideal.

Used to use PJ Blue and then PJ black. Fling. Messy. Protects the chain well, though.

Maxima chain wax was the best for me except it does collect up a lot in the crevices. Tough to clean that crap off the swingarm, sprockets and front sprocket area. Nasty stuff. When I moved to a dusty area and realized it was attracting sand and grit and causing extra wear on the chain, I stopped using it.

I'm using silicone spray lube now but you have to really keep using it and use it often to keep the chain lubed.

I'm about to just start using motor oil and screw it all! :-)

--Wag--

Maxima chain wax was the best for me except it does collect up a lot in the crevices. Tough to clean that crap off the swingarm, sprockets and front sprocket area. Nasty stuff. When I moved to a dusty area and realized it was attracting sand and grit and causing extra wear on the chain, I stopped using it.

I found that too with the wax.
I took off my sproket cover and man was that hard to clean off.
It did seem to attract dirt faster IMO.

Amsoil makes a pretty good chain lube that I use about every 500 miles or so and definitely after long rides where it's dusty and what not. Thanks for the kerosene tip I'll have to try that.:bowdown:

Maxima before every ride...and clean the chain about every 500 miles :thumbsup:

CHNWAXG.jpg

Back