PJ1 Black Label chain lube, anybody using it?

hemi

Registered
been using the blue label stuff for a while and really like it. Chain stays pretty clean, and it always looks wet and well lubed. Decided to pick up the black label lube today, anybody tried it? What's the difference between the blue label and black label

i use p1 blue label right now. im getting the dupont teflon soon because its more recommended because its cleaner

used the dupont stuff for a while, the chain definitely stays clean using that stuff bc it's not tacky at all. I prefer the blue label, it keeps the o-rings nice and moist and always looks lubed good. Doesn't attract too much dirt either. Might end up returning the black label stuff i got, did some research and everybody says it flings all over the place

Switched from black to blue cos I think the black is messy. Don't have the Dupont stuff here but would certainly give it a try if available...

I have found that the extra blue flies right through as you apply it to the chain, very messy when spraying it on, easy to lube your tire as it is your chain.

I like black because it foams on and doesn't spray all over the place. Goes right where you put it.

All oil based lubes will fling, live with it. I'm not into wax lubes as they don't really lube as much as coat.

My opinion is chains are there for performance, not for looks. They're meant to be messy.

As always, if there's time to clean it, there's time to ride it! :beerchug:

Both of those Lubes (Blue and Black) scored incredibly well in the Test Don Smith conducted and wrote for Motorcycle Consumer News several years ago. When I decide to use chain lube I use Blue or Black.

haven't tried the black i got yet, just been using the blue. Does it really fling that much more than the blue stuff. I like the blue so far, flings a little bit the first ride out after lubing, but not too bad.

Doesn't fling like the blue label but forms a thicker messier crude on the chain. A real headache to clean.

Back