chain lube

ok first I live on a dirt road so this makes a big difference. Pj1 black worked great but flung everywhere. The chain wax was a dirt magnet, yuck. The 3m teflon wax worked good but seemed not to last the 600 miles between cleanings. Bel-ray super clean was very good but I am not crazy about the color. Just ordered klotz klr lube per write up in webbike world. nephew has been using it with great results. No fling and does not attract dirt. this is like tires and oil:laugh: good luck

+2 for chain wax by maxima.I used it after your recomendations(was completly unknowned to me before 3 years)as there is a representative here in Greece.A M A Z E D!!!!! The big difference is at the front sprocket where the centrifugal force is increased. Less dirt under the sprockets cover:cheerleader:

Last edited:
Ageless discussion. I used WD40 every ride for about 50,000 miles. Never had a prematurely worn chain or sprocket, but you'll hear differently, endlessly....I now use a GM product called "Super Lube" part number 12346241...so far so good. I feel that dirt is a worse enemy than friction in this case, so anything sticky is not going to help matters. I went 17,000 miles on a Yamaha FZ1 stock chain and sprockets, WD40 every ride with no wear problems at all.

Sticky composition helps lubricant to remain on the chain after extremely "speedy" conditions and not for not blur the rim.For many riders the second reason is the most importand(wrong)On the other hand sticky products attract dirt which makes cleaning a soon neccesity.I assume that WD 40 is not designed for such conditions.It simply wont be there when you'll need it.???

I used some really sticky Motul chain lube on my Katana, and I hated it.
the can was sticky, the button was sticky, it made the chain and everything else near the chain sticky and gross.
I'd rather deal with a little fling off than that.
My wife still has sticky stripes on the side of her CBR's tires that we haven't been able to scrub off with soap and water.
Going to have to get some Kerosene and clean it up real good.
Its about time to clean the Busa's chain for the first time too!
I think I'll get some of that Chain Wax, as long as it isn't sticky.
We hate sticky....

Back