Chain lube

I just pizz on the thing, I find the extra hops and barley really add to chain life...and the added aroma from the artisian water rarely causes any undo chain rust....
except in really extreme conditions.... where a high amount of wear might take place, then...

I pizz on it TWICE.

chain wax=good unless you dont like it
chain oil= good unless you dont like it
90 weight oil= the best unless you dont like it
wd40,good for cleaning.... unless....
kerosene,good for cleaning... unless...

I usually just pi$$ on it..... twice.

Maxima Chain wax all the way baby!
I had a buddy that was oiling his chain with some kinda oily lube constantly...he had so many probs with chain stretching he was going through good chains 2-3 to my every one...he told me recently he switched to Maxima and toned down the lubing to every 5-600 miles or so now...and his chains are lasting like they should. Buut...he also likes to wheelie alot...and I don't. He IS getting longer life out of his chains now tho...and he hasn't changed his riding style abit.
wink.gif

PJ1 Blue Label for many years and many bikes. No fling, but I do wipe the overspray when I'm done and before riding. Kerosene or Mineral Spirits to clean.

I live and ride in a very wet part of the world. Believe me, chain wax does not work. If its dry, hot, and you never ride in the rain then I'm sure its ok.

I did my chain a month ago or more with PJ1 and I ride back and forth to work everyday and its been ffnn wet here. NO rust and the chain still looks clean and lubed.

<!--EDIT|oldguy
Reason for Edit: None given...|1121576406 -->

Maintain your chain every 500 miles

Get the chain warm by riding the bike around
Use WD-40 or chain wax to remove any old gunk.
Be thorough.

Use Maxima Chain Wax sprayed directly on the chain with a rag to backstop for overspray
Use the rag to wipe off the excess

Clean wheels and make sure no chain wax is on the tires or brake rotor

Repeat in another 500 miles

Don't use PJ1 or other "no fling" chain goo. It just attracts dirt and flings anyway

LINK

Maxima chain wax sucks. No good in wet weather. Rustiest chain I ever saw. Who said it dosn't fling? It flings and its a ##### to clean up.
Bullshit, if you clean and lube your chain every 600 miles like you are supposed to then I guarantee a Maxim lubed chain will not rust.
Where do you keep your bike? For some that keep it outside rust is iminant. Even with my lube shooting chain it still rust whenever it rains

Back