Chain lube

Sirissac

Registered
A friend of mine told me that he uses chain wax for a lube on his chain. Does it do as good a job as the other lube. He told me the wax is transparent or white and doesn't get as dirty as other lubes. Anyone with information on this subject, please post.

i picked up some chain wax from a local dealer. ABSOLUTELY no fling off what so ever!
smile.gif

The fling is bad enough, but I do not like how grit and sand stick to the chain. So I clean after every ride and then use a rag to wipe the chain down with sewing machine oil.

I have used nothing but chain wax for 4 years on 3 different bikes, NO FLING, and it is transparent. It is the best.
I took my old bike to the dealer for service and they put some white crap lube on the chain, I was wiping it off my untertail for a week.

Thanks for the info. I will be changing over this weekend. I wish I would have known sooner, I never would have put the other lube on.

Hmm..i use chain wax and it gets thrown all over the place like my polished wheels!
mad.gif
I almsost bit the dust last weekend in a curb damn chain was ran down my tire but if it works for everyone else go for it
wink.gif

I'm using Rock OIL lube and its sh*t .. gets fired everywhere. Going back to Castrol Wax .. Stays where it's sposed to

i just use the white gunk from maxim.

no chain problems so it must be workin.. haha I normally clean the chain really good with some motul chain cleaner about halfway thru the riding season, and before I put her up for the winter though.

that stuff is great BTW.. nice aerosol can so it's easier to use than kerosene or whatever... plus it seems to work marginally better.

Maxima chain wax sucks. No good in wet weather. Rustiest chain I ever saw. Who said it dosn't fling? It flings and its a ##### to clean up.

PJ1 is the best I've used so far and its good in the rain.

Maxima chain wax sucks. No good in wet weather. Rustiest chain I ever saw. Who said it dosn't fling? It flings and its a ##### to clean up.
Bullshit, if you clean and lube your chain every 600 miles like you are supposed to then I guarantee a Maxim lubed chain will not rust.

I clean mine with Kerosene, warm up the chain then apply Maxim...ive gone 3000 miles without re-lubing and the chain showed no signs of runs...not a spec.

Bullshit, if you clean and lube your chain every 600 miles like you are supposed to then I guarantee a Maxim lubed chain will not rust.

I clean mine with Kerosene, warm up the chain then apply Maxim...ive gone 3000 miles without re-lubing and the chain showed no signs of runs...not a spec.
+1.......clean it WD-40, then soapy water. Wax it!!!!!

Back