Reduce Flinging New Chain Lube?

Got my freshly PC'd rim on with new arm and new chain (and sprockets of course). As we all know, that new sticky chain lube that's on the chain when you buy it will fling off and all over everything, especially the wheel.

I'll roll with masking tape on the wheel for 50 miles in hopes it'll get some of the grease. Is there any other ideas on an easy way to reduce it? Remove it like I would old chain wax and re-lube it with chain wax? Any help is appreciated! :)

Claen the chain really well to remove all the old gunk. Dry the chain and use profi dry lube. I swear once you use this stuiff you will not go back to anything else. It is made in Germany and is the dogs dangly bits, guaranteed no fling. Go to http://www.performancemotorcare.com/acatalog/Profi_Dry_Lube_400ml__1223.html:cheerleader:

Got my freshly PC'd rim on with new arm and new chain (and sprockets of course). As we all know, that new sticky chain lube that's on the chain when you buy it will fling off and all over everything, especially the wheel.

I'll roll with masking tape on the wheel for 50 miles in hopes it'll get some of the grease. Is there any other ideas on an easy way to reduce it? Remove it like I would old chain wax and re-lube it with chain wax? Any help is appreciated! :)

Claen the chain really well to remove all the old gunk. Dry the chain and use profi dry lube. I swear once you use this stuiff you will not go back to anything else. It is made in Germany and is the dogs dangly bits, guaranteed no fling. Go to Profi Dry Lube Motorcycle & Motorbike Chain Lube - FREE UK P&P @ Performance Motorcare Products Ltd
:cheerleader:

I can believe it, that stuff doesn't ever seem to not keep flinging off!

Speaking of chain guards, I need to look into one ASAP and figure out how I'm going to mount it

have flat rail chrome chain guards,drill and tap arm an ya done..

have flat rail chrome chain guards,drill and tap arm an ya done..

Do you have some pictures? I looked on your site and didn't see anything. I sent you an email with dimensions for the nitrous bottle holder. Please let me know when you get a chance, I'd like to order it all together if I can.

I just threw away a full can of Maxima chain wax. I use the Dupont and it is the cats *ss. I'm never using anything else. Dupont made all chain waxes and greases obsolete. You never have to clean your chain, you just relube it, the run off will be black with dirt as it self cleans. Freakin awesome!!!!:cheerleader::cheerleader:

im buying my dupont as soon as i get back into town! its too highly recommended in other threads

:thumbsup: Love the Dupont. Use it on all my bikes. Soon as as I bought my last bike. I took it off the trailer cleaned the chain with WD40 and on went the dupont. :cheerleader::cheerleader:

This is what im wondering. Hell, one guy on here didn't do anything to his chain for 10,000miles. Not that that is recommended but you wouldn't notice any problems for a while.

Back