dupont multi use or maxima chain wax

hemi

Registered
still on the qwest for the perfect chain lube. Been using pj1 blue label which i like, but tends to fling a bit and attracts a lot of dirt, grime. Now i'm back to using the dupont. Haven't tried maxima chain wax yet but see a lot using it. Between maxima or dupont, which do u guys prefer?

I have used nothing but Maxima for years. I tried the Dupont and can't speak for longevity of the chain yet, but it stays clean longer with the Dupont lube. For now I'm a convert to the Dupont lube.

i'm gonna try it for a while. Definitely keeps the chain clean and doesn't attract dirt. I just like the pj1 blue bc the chain always looks wet and well lubed, but of course it attracts all kinds of crap bc it's tacky. Guess that's the one thing i don't like about the dupont, the chain is always dry and doesn't actually look like it's lubed. I guess that's the point with it though, so it doesn't fling all over the place or attract contaminants

hemi,
reason why Dupont also has this: DuPont™ Teflon™ Chain-Saver Lubricant

A high performance chain lubricant utilizing a patented dry wax formulation. DuPont™ Teflon™ Chain-Saver doesn’t attract dirt and doesn’t fling off. Can help chains and sprockets last up to 5 times longer.

Goes on wet. Sets up to a clean, dry, wax film which will not absorb dirt or grime
Will not absorb abrasive contaminants including paper dust, mill powders, lint and grass
Patented self-cleaning technology sheds contaminants to minimize or prevent abrasive wear
Helps chains work better and last longerHighly resistant to water wash-off and won’t fling off
Water repelling, helps protect against rust and corrosion

dupontchainsaver14oz.jpg

Last edited:
thought about trying that, didn't see it at lowe's today when i picked up another can of the multi-use. If i find a can at one of the lowe's in my area i may give it a shot

thought about trying that, didn't see it at lowe's today when i picked up another can of the multi-use. If i find a can at one of the lowe's in my area i may give it a shot

my local Lowe's did NOT have it either, found some at Wal-Mart :)

i have been using maxima since i got my 06. i have had no problems and still have teh oem chain and over 13,000 miles.

when I am through with my several cans of maxima I may give the dupont a shot to see how well it works.

By the way, pj1 blue suuuuuuucks!!!!!!! Thought it was good at first, but after a day of riding, that crappola got speckled and splattered all over my nice clean yellow Gixxer.

I used to use Maxima...then changed to Silkolene. Now I'm using Dupont...and love it! Maxima would leave a white film. Silkolene stayed clear, but like most chain lubes, it attracted dirt, grime, and dust. Now I'm using Dupont and love that it doesn't fling and the chain stays clean! :thumbsup:

I have BOTH and the Maxima can is nearly FULL whereas I am going through my Dupont. BTW the Blue can works REALLY well more so than the Yellow can called "chain saver". The latter being THICKER or gooey-er and does not dry as neatly (transparently) as the blue can.
Last but not least, is the age-old pro-racer's way, which is 90 Grade GEAR OIL on a rag in the palm of your hand and pull the chain through that(by rotating the rear wheel by hand only)...I actually prefer this except when traveling away from home, then the cans are good.

Back