tips and tricks for chain lubing

hemi

Registered
any of u experts got some ideas when chain lubing to avoid getting the lube sprayed all over the wheel and sidewall of the tire? I normally hold a rag under the chain while spraying the lube, but still manage most of the time to get it all over my rim. Yes i spray it on pretty heavy sometimes, but using the dupont i like to spray it thick to kind of wash the chain off while lubing

i use a piece of cardboard and bend it into an "L" shape to avoid overspray.

Use this and it wont be an issue. This crap is the best. They also make one that has a little more parafin in the base that works great too.

Dupont Wax.jpg

i do use that exact dupont lube on the chain, currently tryin out the dupont chain saver lube. Still, i manage to get overspray on the wheel and tire. Maybe i do need to slow down a bit and take my time lol, i'm always in a rush

Where did you find the Dupont chain saver. I have hunted every 5, dime, and superstore around and I can not find it on the shelf.

Well, if the Lowes in McComb MS has it then they are hiding it for their personal use. I searched that store over and asked every employee that I could put my hands on tho help me find it and all I got was the Blue can.

I searched around forever bc supposedly walmart carries it. Never did find any so i ended up ordering 3 cans from amazon. Really like it so far, i think it keeps the chain cleaner than using the normal blue can dupont

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Where did you find the Dupont chain saver. I have hunted every 5, dime, and superstore around and I can not find it on the shelf.

Tools section with other spray lubes. It's there. If for some reason this Lowes doesn't have it, go up to Memphis I've BOUGHT it in a Memphis store before. and go to Lowes.com and see if it's IN STORE to confirm...

Maybe I'll do that. I've been looking for am excuse to make a 500 mile day. I-55 is too straight to keep interested.

Every time my walmart gets the Dupont chainsaver, I buy every can they have on the shelf.

Yes I am that person, :smileok:

Nope I just spray it all and it goes wherever it goes. If the lube gets somewhere it just aids in cleaning that spot :thumbsup: :laugh:

Every time my walmart gets the Dupont chainsaver, I buy every can they have on the shelf.

Yes I am that person, :smileok:

I would do the same thing only your evil twin must be beating me to the store becuase I can never find one can much less multiple cans.

Back