dupont multi use or maxima chain wax

I used to use the Maxima wax after a full cleaning every 1000 with the dupont blue can every 250-300 as a touch up. I found that the maxima would cake in the front sprocket area and have since went to the Dupont full time. Cleaner all around.

As a Tip note. Make sure your can of Dupont blue is at least room temp, other wise it sprays out White and dry and does not exhibit its cleaning or penetrating properties. I thought i had a bad can, but it was just cold.

still on the qwest for the perfect chain lube. Been using pj1 blue label which i like, but tends to fling a bit and attracts a lot of dirt, grime. Now i'm back to using the dupont. Haven't tried maxima chain wax yet but see a lot using it. Between maxima or dupont, which do u guys prefer?

They are both excellent products. I prefer to use Maxima myself. I like the fact they are a smaller company dedicated to R&D and support independant privateer racing teams.

I've been using the DuPont lube for a couple of years on my bikes. Great stuff. After 27,000 miles the chain and sprockets on my '08 are still looking good.

thought about trying that, didn't see it at lowe's today when i picked up another can of the multi-use. If i find a can at one of the lowe's in my area i may give it a shot

Its the same exact stuff just different label
Posted via Mobile Device

DuPont™ Teflon™ Multi-Use Lubricant (BLUE) can is NOT 100% exactly the same stuff as DuPont™ Teflon™ Chain-Saver Lubricant (YELLOW). Do NOT take my word for it. Buy BOTH cans and spray them on and see for yourself (yes, I did this myself).

Or read/watch the review here: DuPont Teflon Chain Saver - DuPont Teflon Chain Lube - webBikeWorld

DuPont told us that the newer Chain-Saver lube also uses the same basic formula as the Multi-Use lubricant, but Chain-Saver contains more of both the Teflon and moly for added temperature and pressure resistance.

Last edited:
Close enough that its not a big deal which one is used. Same ingredients and dries almost nearly the same so in essense yes they are almost exactly the same
Posted via Mobile Device

I was using the PJ1 and switched over to the Dupont. I love the Dupont because it doesn't fling off!

Back