maxima chain wax users-how do u like it?

hemi

Registered
picked up some maxima chain wax tonight, seems like most people think it's pretty good stuff. Been using pj1 blue, which i like also, but figured i'd give the maxima a shot. Tried the dupont stuff for a while but not a huge fan of it. Just don't think it seems like it keeps the chain lubed very well, and my chain seemed a little noisier while using it. Just curious how u guys like the maxima

I use it! :thumbsup:

Be sure your chain is clean and dry before application!

That what I use, I like it.

Be sure chain is clean and dry as mentioned above and wipe off the excess.

I was thinking about trying the dupont dry lube stuff, if thats what you tried can you give a review?

It's the only thing I use. My stock chain went 27K miles. Still on the orig front and rear sprocket at 59K miles, and they look brand new. I'm a mait. nut though.

I used it for years but am gonna give a can of the dupont stuff a try .
Chain wax stays just a bit 'tacky' and picked up alot of sand here .

I just switched over to Dupont, so far so good, chain is clean and not noisy...

Ive used both (Maxima & Dupont) and you will NOT go wrong with either of them. They're great products and rarely flings off wax. :thumbsup:

ok, gonna give the maxima a try then, thanks for the help. As for the dupont, it's a really good lube and keeps the chain very clean between cleanings, doesn't attract dirt what so ever, and is not tacky at all. Only thing i don't like, every time i use it the chain hardly looks like it's lubed at all, very dry. I like a chain that looks like it's freshly lubed, just feel like it protects better, i guess.

thought about trying the dupont chain saver, think it's supposed to be a little thicker and more like a motorcycle chain lube. I'll see how i like the maxima first though

thought about trying the dupont chain saver, think it's supposed to be a little thicker and more like a motorcycle chain lube. I'll see how i like the maxima first though

Yes, from my observation with two products, Maxima's lube looks thicker than the Dupont. Upon spraying the lube, Dupont looks "watery" comparing to Maxima.

i know tons of people use the dupont and love it, have read nothing but great reviews on it. I think the main reason everybody thinks it's so great though is bc it keeps the chain clean and doesn't attract anything bc it's not tacky

Maxima its good
Used it on my rapter 660 for 3 yrs. Did good.
Used it on my GS500 for almost 9k. Looks new but needs replacing cause its maxed out.
Used it 3k on the busa. Looks good.

STICKY as poop.
Don't misplace the tube. The nozzle is not accurate. And its STICKY. Hard to get off the rims.

Just came across motul.. giving that a go.

"It's not the wax on the chain, its the amount of TLC u
give the chain, that counts" some guy on Hayabusa.org
Posted via Mobile Device

I've tried most of the lubes,.......and still return to Silkolene Synthetic lube. I chain the old lube off the chain and wheel with,...YES,.....Autozone brake cleaner. I've been in the automotive repair business for 25 years,.....and brake cleaner has always been the best all around cleaner/degreaser that I use. BEWARE,.......many brake cleaners can melt rubber and plastic,......but the Autozone (white and orange can) does not damage rubber or plastic or paint. I thoroughly wet a clean micro-fiber cloth with the brake cleaner and proceed to clean the old lube from the wheel. I spray it directly on the chain to remove old lube and dirt. It dries quickly,.........unlike many other name brands. Just my two cents!!! Find what works,.......and use it!!!:beerchug:

I've tried most of the lubes,.......and still return to Silkolene Synthetic lube. I chain the old lube off the chain and wheel with,...YES,.....Autozone brake cleaner. I've been in the automotive repair business for 25 years,.....and brake cleaner has always been the best all around cleaner/degreaser that I use. BEWARE,.......many brake cleaners can melt rubber and plastic,......but the Autozone (white and orange can) does not damage rubber or plastic or paint. I thoroughly wet a clean micro-fiber cloth with the brake cleaner and proceed to clean the old lube from the wheel. I spray it directly on the chain to remove old lube and dirt. It dries quickly,.........unlike many other name brands. Just my two cents!!! Find what works,.......and use it!!!:beerchug:

I have used the brake cleaner before - you are correct it will not harm the o-rings in the chain. It is made to clean brakes with and does not hurt the seals on the wheel cyclinders or the calipers. (Most of the name brands say this on the can).

My only fear of using brake cleaner is getting it on the paint, by accident. Some of these cleaners are really, really rough on painted surfaces.

I normally use kerosene it is the cheapest and I have found dollar for dollar the best all around.

been using maxima for years and loved it but when i ran out, i recently switched to the lowes dupont multi purpose which works just as good. :thumbsup:

I've always used the Maxima on the Busa since new. Got right at 18,000 on the OEM chain, still in good shape as far as I can tell. And I'm self admittedly, NOT good at chain maintainence. :whistle:

Back