CBR 1100 XX

It looks like he got a top speed of 185.17 on the Autobahn. That's pretty quick; but I think we could do better.

I loved my black bird.  Super comfortable smooth as silk. I hit an indicated 185 a few times.  The Busa's more fun to ride with all the bottom end grunt.  The Honda didn't seem to make good power until about 7,000.  It was the first year 97, I was told the later models that went fuel injection made better bottom end power.  

And here's the pics  
jump9.gif

Black_Bird.jpg

I loved my black bird.  Super comfortable smooth as silk. I hit an indicated 185 a few times.  The Busa's more fun to ride with all the bottom end grunt.  The Honda didn't seem to make good power until about 7,000.  It was the first year 97, I was told the later models that went fuel injection made better bottom end power.  

And here's the pics  
jump9.gif
My '02 is FI and it makes real good power 4K and up....by 7K it's flying.

NICE BIKE! I SAW A SILVER ONE RIP BY ME THE OTHER DAY WHILE RIDING IN THE CAR ON THE HIGHWAY. I DIDN'T LOOK LIKE A SLOUCH TO ME.

A friend of mine has a 2002 and a 1999 and I really like both bikes. They are more comfortable than my Busa. And most important is that they seem to be more refined and detailed than my Busa. I don't know how to define it, but they just feel like they are better built than most other bikes. And as far as performance, which ever one he is riding, he can stay right on my arse in any gear up to about 160 or so. I am gaining from the start but not pulling him by much.
do ya mean they "look" more well put together, or "feel" more put together?
rock.gif
?
i personally have never even seen one

The XX just feels a bit more solid/refined. Sorta has that Honda touch to it...it's great for reliablility but can take away from the bike's character too....or lack thereof.

I've got only 100 mi so far on the Busa but I gotta say I'm fu#$in impressed! I haven't been babying it...fluctuating rpms.....letting her rip. It's like an XX w/attitude and even more power. A little bit of buzz thru the pegs but other than that..what a beast. I feel like King Kong riding around the XX. Feel like Godzilla on the Busa.
smile.gif

I really like the XX... if I hadn't picked up the Busa, the Blackbird was right next to it on the list. Solid bike, very comfy... The thing that did it for me is I'm just not a huge fan of the seat (I prefer the split seats of the busa).

But they're damn fine bikes, solid, refined, but as a result, a bit less visceral and fun-feeling too.

Honda's rumored to be bringing them back, btw.

one piece seat on the XX sucks when using the helmet lock...have to remove the entire seat. but you're right the XX is so refined, it can be a tad less fun than the Busa....but it's still fun...
biggrin.gif

Back