CBR 1100 XX

All I could understand was Hondablackbird, yes I ran it together because that's how he was talking.

He was hauling some serious freight

<!--EDIT|Toyz
Reason for Edit: None given...|1126918334 -->

A friend of mine has a 2002 and a 1999 and I really like both bikes. They are more comfortable than my Busa. And most important is that they seem to be more refined and detailed than my Busa. I don't know how to define it, but they just feel like they are better built than most other bikes. And as far as performance, which ever one he is riding, he can stay right on my arse in any gear up to about 160 or so. I am gaining from the start but not pulling him by much.

cool.gif
vid

I have an '02 XX. It's a great bike. Feels very solid but I've only owned Honda bikes except for an SV650 that I had for less than a yr. But that bike felt very well put together too.

I'm picking up my '05 red/black Busa tomorrow....pretty excited about it. How fast should I limit myself on it for the first 600 mi or so? I was thinking 80 or below and not letting the rpms get over 6-7K? I'll be curious to see how the 2 compare overall. I'm sure I'll post impressions after I get some Busa saddle time in. Funny that people who have ridden both....half seem to like the Busa's comfort better and the other half.....the XX. Think is just depends on the rider. I have heli's on the XX and will have heli's installed already on the Busa....so we'll see. The seat on the Busa feels better than the XX to me.

skater69, I would ride your new bike in the first 600 miles the same way you plan to ride all the time. The only thing that will hurt your motor when breaking it in is to keep it at steady rpm's for extended periods of time. These aren't facts, only my opinion, but I rode the shid out of my 05 and have over 5000 miles now with no problems at all. Start a new topic and ask how others broke theirs in.

skater69, I would ride your new bike in the first 600 miles the same way you plan to ride all the time.  The only thing that will hurt your motor when breaking it in is to keep it at steady rpm's for extended periods of time.  These aren't facts, only my opinion, but I rode the shid out of my 05 and have over 5000 miles now with no problems at all.  Start a new topic and ask how others broke theirs in.
Thx for the feedback, 854.  Yeah...only thing people usually agree with about break-ins is not keeping steady rpms. Just dunno if I should be hitting triple digits in the first 100 mi........but it IS a Busa...
smile_face_r.gif

Did you have any of the little hiccups I've heard (crankcase breather tube leaking on the paint, loose shifter, headlights pointing to the ground..etc)?  

Thx,
S69

<!--EDIT|skater69
Reason for Edit: None given...|1126938035 -->

@ Skater 69: I've only seen a few posts around here of people that have those problems. I think a majority of the people here have their bikes running fine.

P.S. We want pics of the XX!!!

I had a '99 Blackbird and loved that bike almost as much as I do my 05 Busa. As far as comfort between the two, it's a coin toss, both very comfy. The CBR1100XX was/is notorious for over heating in slow stop and go trafiic and mine was no exception, the needle would be up in the red zone on summer days in downtown traffic. As far as a performance comparison, the busa wins hands down, IMHO.

Thats an awesome video!

Did you guys see the Busa pass him on the top end? Neither did I, but, you would have if it were in the video! LOFL!

Thx....I've since put the stock screen back on. I like the look of both bikes.....but I probably prefer the XX's looks to the Busa....just cleaner looking to me. The lumpy fairing on the 'Busa will have to grow on me I guess.
cool.gif
That smoked aftermarket one looked ok but it sat way too low and was worthless as far as wind protection. The stocker I like a lot. I picked up the Busa just a little while ago. My initial impressions posting on a new thread.

Back