Honda CBR 1200 XX

I looked at all the big sportbikes when I started looking.  I've had a couple of Hondas (dirt and street) that were very well engineered bikes.  My biggest complaint about the Honda is I find the styling very-uninspired, like some committee designed it.

The Busa looks...AWESOME.  There's a bit more "soul".

My $0.02.  Let the flames begin...
what flames...good point
<span style='color:orangered'>[Tangent Alert]</span> Something I always felt was that Hondas are maybe a little too smooth?  Anyone ever ride a Suzuki RF900?  I test rode one when they first came out, the styling was sweet,  but as I left the dealership and hammered it a bit,  guess what? Though it was faster than my old Katana, it felt slower, just too smooth.  I look down and see the MPH rolling but I just didn't feel it.  The Katana was a fossil even in '93 but tell you what, that old short stroke 750 had a lot of peaky soul, I.E. Felt fast.

The Blackbird and to some extent the lil F4's are kinda like the RF900.  Yeah your moving, but it doesn't feel like your moving.  They lack a certain edgieness, everything is just too... I dunno sanitized?  Too Polished?  Regardless of the fact that you are strapped onto a freaking rocket, the Blackbird always just felt a bit sedate...(well compared to the Busa in hindsight anyway).  But I do miss the intake whistle of the blackbird...it had the coolest intake noises right around 3500-4000RPMS, just a high speed whistle/howl that was nice and loud.  

I made the comparison here somewhere that the Busa and Suzuki sport bikes in general are Kind of like Ferraris.  The Blackbird and other sporting Hondas are more like Porsches, or BMW's.   The Busa is all passion, heart, excitement, noise, violent power and looky here styling.  The Blackbird, more cerebral, more understated, fit and finish, smoothness and power that is delivered in a forceful yet polite and courteous manner.  <span style='color:orangered'>[/Tangent]</span>

<span style='color:royalblue'>Looks wise I would love to see Honda freshen up the Big Bird, not so much a complete over haul really but just a good update, especially to the rear.  It’s kind of chunky back there and the tail light is just awful.   The design has weathered well but it is looking a little out of date.

I would love to see a little bit of the Interceptor in the rear of the Bird with a bit of 600RR in the nose.  Add some adjustable forks and shorten the reach to the bars about 1".  Mix this up with about 180HP & 110FtLbs of torque. Bring it in under 500 lbs and I will park it next to the 02' LE.  Yeah I know may as well ask for A/C as well huh?</span>

I am very glad to see that your bike's ECM has more brains than you thats alright I guess we have to accept you as a member in society . The deal is I rolled all over you and all you had to say is that I don't use punctuation-thats a good one there I never had any plans to argue with anyone online but since I see that you need it why not I'll give you a nice ass-whooping, just name the time and the place,as for the other dudes that jumped in, dudes get off his jock he'll share the pipe(I must've strung a chord with the drug use thing thats why I guess you got so graphic) as for the girlfriend thing I accidentally forgot my Rolex on her bedpost!

Could she please not take it to the Pawn Shop, so she can pay the cable bill!!!
Spidey, can you stop writing stupid sh^t?  Try to make some sense...  

I answered your attempts at debate, and you never even read them, Your busy telling folks they are welcome for thanks they never gave.  You roll over me?  Ha, dude you couldn't roll downhill with a tailwind and a skateboard.  You say your punctuation was all I had?   You need to remember that these are public boards and everyone reads what you write... this is what makes me kind of agree with Vripley,  you just aren't making sense. Your comments are written down just a few posts up, the evidence of your attempts at meaningful discourse are clearly documented.   
idea.gif

<span style='color:orangered'>RE-READ THIS THREAD</span>, think it over.  Then try to wipe off whatever chip is on your shoulder and we can all play nice.  

Remember, You started this with your "Clueless" comment, insulting everyone,  but you say I want an argument?  Followed this by telling me I haven't ridden a Blackbird and on and on till I wound up with your girlfriends panties on for extra ventilation.  
inlove.gif

Now above, you say "I must have Strung a chord"  WTF?  Struck a chord, is what you were looking for I think there sparky.  And no you didn't.  Believe me when I say the neither the military nor Government is exactly "Pro Hemp"
If you know of a quicker way to loose clearances I would like to hear it.  
unclesam.gif

Ass whooping?  Now your threatening me, that’s cute...
sarcasm.gif

OK OK...  Your last post at the bottom of the thread sounds like you want to stop, cool.   I’m moving on.  It’s just fu*^ed up that you pop up, take a crap on the board, and me in particular.  Whatever man…being overseas does weird things…Oh hey maybe it’s just that your typing on a Greek keyboard and something is getting lost in translation…
confused.gif

Man.....look at how big this thread has become.....to think when the Strangerman started it he was wondering why there were no reply's.
Now it's taken right off...........guess it's like a bad accident....people just have to stop and stare.
Well......I've got my seat.......just have to grab some beer and pretzels and sit down to enjoy the ride.
Carry on dudes.

Man.....look at how big this thread has become.....to think when the Strangerman started it he was wondering why there were no reply's.
Now it's taken right off...........guess it's like a bad accident....people just have to stop and stare.
Well......I've got my seat.......just have to grab some beer and pretzels and sit down to enjoy the ride.
Carry on dudes.
Nah, Sorry Man, Pack up the lawn chair, nothing more to see here. I am done...Really. I am pretty sure the other party involved is not entirely there. Maybe it is someones little kid messing around while Dad isn't looking. I am kinda of wondering if that is what is going on.

Just nonsense.

Rev

There you go again you just can't leave well enough alone!!!
Relish must be the kind of kid everybody beat up in school if he didn't drop out in kindergarten ofcourse,and I am sure all those beatings have got to you,so now that you have grown you find out you still get slapped around, so you go and buy a PC,you think to yourself now I'll show them but you know what you still get beat up and the funny thing is that you don't know went to quit I guess all those beatings have messed up your head a little,but its ok retards and mentally disabled have a place in this world!

The Blackbird is just a tame busa.

Both have power and capabilites far beyond EVERYONE on this board. Which you chose is based on your preferences and style. Personally I dont think there is even a reason to go farther than we already have with performance.

can someone please introduce this guy SPIDERMAN? d00d who the f*ck r u? you just come into our message board to just %*%^$# and complain?

seriously SPIDERMAN give it a rest, your "witty insults" arent impressing anyone, just stfu d00d

thats what happens when you give internet access to a bored GI, lol

Mike

can someone please introduce this guy SPIDERMAN? d00d who the f*ck r u? you just come into our message board to just %*%^$# and complain?

seriously SPIDERMAN give it a rest, your "witty insults" arent impressing anyone, just stfu d00d

thats what happens when you give internet access to a bored GI, lol

Mike
Boy mike......"witty insults" is paying Spidey a huge compliment.
I'd call them uneducated stabs in the dark....not so much witty insults....yer bein too nice.

The Blackbird is just a tame busa.

Both have power and capabilites far beyond EVERYONE on this board. Which you chose is based on your preferences and style. Personally I dont think there is even a reason to go farther than we already have with performance.
I think you have a pretty good point performance wise, personally I kinda wonder what they are thinking building bikes like the 12R and Busa. I AM NOT COMPLAINING! But I do Kinda wonder...

But then again we have members on this board and elsewhere for whom even a 160 RWHP bike just isn't enough, Turbo's, Power commanders, Full race exhaust etc. So, maybe Suzuki knows exactly what they are doing, spooky.

I am kinda thinking that the Busa, the 12R, will end up being the last of the fastest for this generation at least. I do not think there will be a factory produced bike that outperforms the Busa or the 12R significantly for years...

Yeah Turbine power... would be pretty sweet...better have some open roads though...did you here tha Range on the bike was like 53 miles or something like that? It gets like 4 miles per gallon of jet fuel?

Hell, at that speed, you can coast an additional 10 miles to the next gas station!!!

By the way Revlis, try Leroy Selmon's for some good BBQ and southern cooking!!!!

Hell, at that speed, you can coast an additional 10 miles to the next gas station!!!

By the way Revlis, try Leroy Selmon's for some good BBQ and southern cooking!!!!
Hey Busa Man!!!  Good to see another Tampa Rider Here! And another LE at that, Those riding the fastest color have to kinda stick together...There are alot of...<span style='color:orangered'>Jealous</span>  
tounge.gif
riders out there...Kidding you all...

There are two In Tampa in addition that I know of, Mine and MikeyUSF.  

Welcome aboard.  GO post an Introduction in General, introduce yourself...

Later...

Hey Revlis,

Thanks for the welcome and welcome to Tampa Bay! I was wondering about MikeyUSF, I figured he was in the Tampa Bay area too! Love the 2002 Busa LE!

Mine is mostly stock and it will stay that way for awhile since the bike is new to me! I just totaled my 1997 Honda Blackbird as I lost the rear end on a 90 degree high speed turn in southern Pasco County. (By the way, I agree with you, LBS brakes are not what they are made out to be).

I will post an introduction soon.

Be safe.

PS: A special "hello" goes out to "Spidey Boy!"

Back