CBR 1100XX

(Revlis @ Sep. 21 2006,09:43) "Works With Pride"...

Oh that's funny.  I haven't really heard it that way but that is something lots of folks do too much of...

Pride in the Razr,  Pride in the "Tommy", or Pride in the escalade...

Completely forgetting that "Pride" is something internal and that it cannot be purchased, or worn.

It's sort of the same thing with the a$$hats buying the Nice Cars or trucks, wearing lots of jewelery, or whatever expecting to be "respected".  Like you can simply purchase respect.  Funny stuff.
So true Rev...either you have pride and confidence in yourself...or your always trying to find something to "make" you better in your own eye's, eg the fastest this, most expensive that. Whatever it takes to keep people like this guy comfy in their fantasy worlds. Its a fact that if you can't TRULY enjoy all the amazing things this world has to offer, then all the ego boosting in the world aint gonna change that. Its sad that so many people can't truly enjoy anything cause' its never good enough to make them feel "okay" with themselves.
I'm soooo glad I'm able to kick back and enjoy the ride  
wink.gif

biggrin.gif

cool.gif
 Especially after watching some of the "keep up with the Jones at all costs" folks I know. The pressure they put on themselves...their relationships...their kids...they don't really enjoy life at all from what I hear and see...........and there really is so much to enjoy if you choose  
wink.gif
............wellll, I guess I got that off my chest, thanks fer listenin'  
rant.gif

wink.gif

He beat you out of work I would bet. The Bird is no match. Trust me I know.

Busa
guns.gif
Blackbird

Sounds like the kid who accepts the challenge to meet behind the gym after school and then sneaks home behind the admin building.

Don't tell him you want to race. If you do, and he crashes, you'll have major liability and ESPECIALLy don't do it in e-mail! BIG mistake. Just tell him your invitation to go for a lunch ride is still open.

Also, he already respects you so there's no need to spank him on the road. Just do a leisurely ride and even let him ride in front of you if he wants (and he probably will). Do this a couple of times and who knows? You might make a new friend.

(Assuming you want this guy as your friend!)
biggrin.gif

--Wag--

You could come up with a story to discuss with your friend next to his cubicle so he thinks the king is not so fast after all. Chunk out a little bait and reel him in.
firedevil.gif

Late yesterday one of the lunch riders stopped by my cube.  He was with me when this all went down.  The guy has a brand new FZ1 and is just breaking in the bike. (If that doesn't tell you how gentle our riding is lately.)  I whisperingly showed him this post and all the feedback. Remember - we're on planet cubicle so we have to be careful not to make a bunch of noise... right?  - he was holding his nose laughing and we're whispering trying to be quiet but he's rolling on the floor whisper laughing.  ...eyes watering... trying to be quiet...

It's one of those rare moments in life where someone just acts like such a goof, it's a perfect opportunity to laugh.  Not to ruin the guy or anything - but just because the behavior is so extraordinarily funny.  And of course - no one else gets to see this because I don't want to hurt the guys feelings or anything.

With this colder weather - the busa is on steroids or something.  If I crack the throttle - it's gone!  Way more responsive than summertime.

If I do see him on the road though - and he even once cracks his throttle - it's bye bye birdie!

tosh him your keys and tell him to take your bike for a spin.
Next week their be two Busa's in the parking lot.......yours and his.

You should just walk around the office talking about this blackbird you spanked over the weekend... go on and on about it each and everyday. Until his head explodes.
biggrin.gif

A piped 2000 up ZX-9R will bruise that guys Blackbird ego deluxe and the piped Hayabusa will just flat maim it  
biggrin.gif

Tell him you feel sorry for him that his wanker is so small that he has to make up for it with attitude.
jump9.gif

I have a co-worker as well that rides an XX. It was the fastest bike till the busa came along. He knows my bike will eat him up & spit him out. He's talking about "Upgrading" now to a busa. he talked his trash when I rode the GPZ1100. Now he keeps quite.

(lot boy @ Sep. 22 2006,17:50) i say race the guy and let him win--consider it charity work  
beerchug.gif
That usually causes more problems than it solves.

--Wag--

Back