Can't get on site...new format

theshnizzle

Rainbow of Skittles
Registered
Thanks to the mods for all thier hard work on this site. Since the overhaul though, I have hardly been on this site as when I click onto a thread,it just won/t load anymore. But.......some of them load,but most of them don't. I can't even post or reply to my own threads. Anybody else have this problem? Is it just my computer? It is very frustrating and just don't come on here anymore cause I can't participate.

Shunned!!!!!

I understand your frustration. I don't get on as much as I use to either. Although I have no problem loading post it's so slow it makes me think I'm back on dialup. I load the forum pages without issue but the threads load very slow between 6 & 10 seconds to load a page. Very frustrating.

Frustrated!!!!!

Yep, some things are harder than they were before, but I think the Captain and Crew continue to work and make this better. Fortunately, you just proved that you can indeed start a thread.

I'm not sure why Cap thought the site needed to migrate away from the tried-and-true VBulletin platform, but he thought it through, made the decision, and let's support him. Suggest you connect to the following thread to help him fix things: https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/random-thoughts/156156-who-still-having-problems-site.html

May have something to do with your particular computer, connection speed, or OS. I do notice the forum runs faster/better on Google Chrome than it does on IE (as do most things). I believe the forum is "heavier" than it was before, as in, takes more machine resources on our end to run it. My connection speed changes throughout the day, which can make a difference on how well the forum works. Right now (7:00AM), web usage is down and every keystroke is instantaneous. 7:00PM, sometimes things move a bit slower.
Forum is working fine for me now. Coupla "wonder why it's like that" things with the reply section still, but even those are still very workable.

Sounds like the problems I have at work with Firefox. I STILL can't see more than like 3 or 5 posts on here if I use Firefox. Using Chrome it works fine. At home I use Firefox and it works fine. And no, there are zero firewalls or other weird software on my computer stopping me from being here. Nobody ever found out why it was happening. :dunno:

Yep, some things are harder than they were before, but I think the Captain and Crew continue to work and make this better. Fortunately, you just proved that you can indeed start a thread.

I'm not sure why Cap thought the site needed to migrate away from the tried-and-true VBulletin platform, but he thought it through, made the decision, and let's support him. Suggest you connect to the following thread to help him fix things: https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/random-thoughts/156156-who-still-having-problems-site.html

We are still running vBulletin...

The speed issue is one that is puzzling, we haven't been able to figure out why some say it's slow. For me...it's noticeably faster than before. It's just been a challenge for us to figure out what is causing some to say it's much slower than before....but we're still working on it.

Omslaw, I'm still having trouble too. It still appears to be the speed the ads load, and while I'm behind a corporate webfilter and a T3 at work (IE/WinXPSP3), I still have some of the same problems at home (IE/WIN7/Cable). I also have a spanking new WIN7 Machine at work (not as bad) but still happening.

I've also noticed on my XP machine, that every time I try to back up or click ahead, if the page is not yet fully loaded I get a popup message asking if I want to leave this page before it's fully loaded and maybe lose something (which the answer is, of course yes or I wouldn't be clicking in the first place).

None of the other site's/forums, to include those that are much more ad-heavy than the .org, don't seem to have the same problem.

Is there a function on the "page must fully load before going forwards/backwards - notification" that you can turn off? I think that might solve some of it.

Perplexing...I know you will eventually figure it out. Might even be it's optimized for IE9 but not IE8...

i too have nothing but troubles visiting the site. very slow. at work its impossible. it takes 30+ seconds or more to load a thread. It is the ads and the way they are being delivered. You can watch the load page at the bottom of the screen and see its the ads. May not be more ads then before but the way they are delivered is causing tons of problems. Google chrome helps but if you are like me at work you cant install crap on the computers. On my home pc i had to put chrome on it to visit the site. Firefox which is my browser of choice is way to slow and IE is hopeless.
I do appreciate all the hard work that is being put into the site and i love change and modernization when it works but i honestly think this move will and is being detramental to the org. People get very exasperated waiting for pages to load.

I have a broadband connection that screams. This is the only site that causes me problems. Just happens to be the most important site to me as well.

i'm on my new Win7 Machine at work posting this (still on corp webfilter). On this machine there is almost no lag. Maybe IE8 Compatability....

It doesn't enumerate at the bottom all the adlinks like it does on my XP machine....

I'm running windows XP with internet explorer. This seems to be the only site that gives me trouble. I tried disabling my Norton security as well as the firewall and it made no difference in the speed. Extremely slow loading threads but fairly quick at loading the forum pages :dunno:

I too sincerely hope these issues can be solved. I miss the socialization within the org.

I am also having a problem - a huge problem - with the new functions I'm seeing... but I'm trying to do some research on it before bringing it to Cap and his team (I am sure they have plenty on their plate as it is).

We are still running vBulletin...
Oh! I thought this whole thing was a migration to a whole new platform, vs. an upgrade of the old platform. Curiouser and curiouser.

But still, my hat is off to you, Captain, and any other folks working to make this a better site. It must be very frustrating on your side of the fence. We appreciate what you're trying to do.

Sounds like the problems I have at work with Firefox. I STILL can't see more than like 3 or 5 posts on here if I use Firefox. Using Chrome it works fine. At home I use Firefox and it works fine. And no, there are zero firewalls or other weird software on my computer stopping me from being here. Nobody ever found out why it was happening. :dunno:

Hey Bots,
Have you updated to Firefox 7 yet? I was having a lot of the same issues as you before and after the site upgrade but a lot of it is fixed with this update. For me anyways.

Ajay what problems are you having from your IPad? I am posting this from a Gen I iPad and I see the smilies on the right side. Here is an example from the smileys on the side bar :bowdown: :laugh:

Last edited:
This is posted from Google Chrome, lightning fast.... Banners load and show with no delay....

Posted from Firefox with banners showing... Lightning fast...

Posted fromm IE 9 with banners showing... Never has been or ever will be lightning fast but still the same as the old forum...

Guys Im just not sure what to tell some of you.... There is no doubt a setting on your computers that is causing the problems. I have a small 3mb connection which is pretty small and the site loads fine for me. I have tried different browsers and I can't recreate the problems. For those of you that are at work, yeah there isn't anything I can do about a corporate firewall, they will block ads OR filter any other thing they want and I can't do anything about it. I can tell you to make sure that you have Ajax and java allowed but thats about it.... I've offered in other threads to work with people one on one and remote in to your systems to see if I could find anything and I have yet to see a single acceptance of my offer. EVERY problem that has been brought up in other threads by members have been addressed one way or the other. I have fixed code, made setting changes to accomodate the wishes of members and told people why some things can't work but NO ONE has responded to my one on one assistance. It's been over a week that I started the other thread...

cap

Last edited:
i only get on at home, been using IE. was having the same problems, and this was the only site that gave me trouble also. i switched to firefox and it seems to be working fine now.

Doug I'll bet you that Tuf will let you remote into his (I have)....He'd really like to see his fixed. I'll mention it to him tomorrow and get him to PM you.

Back