Can a Gen 1 keep up with newer bikes?

I switched this bike over to track duty. Hope to make some passes on it in the next couple weeks. Sent out the power commander to get replaced as the inputs stopped working on it. My quick shifter stopped working the other day. Once I get that back I will be doing some track stuff with it on all motor. Then it will go back to street for some more rolls. I will get nitrous dialed in on the bike and go back to the track to run some 8s on stock motor. I’m on the fence about build the motor for na or just put a turbo kit on it and see how fast the bike can go with a stock motor. But that’s something that I will do over winter.

41705AA5-8B04-46D4-AD9C-398B6E368679.jpeg

I will try and get video edited tonight. Got somethings I need to improve on but the old girl did good first time out.
2012 zx10r
Schnitz flash and custom tune
Filter
Quick shifter
M4 slip on
8 over swb
-1 +5 gearing
Lowered

2002 hayabusa
Power commander 5 with dyno jet download tune
Quick shifter
6 over swb
Lowered and strapped
Yoshimura full exhaust
Bmc air filter
Small air box mod
Flashed ecu from schnitz
Only one front brake rotor and caliper
Gearing stock rear and I think one down in the front
Tiger racing front fender

going to buy a new clutch, install stiffer clutch springs, slave cylinder support, do big air box mod, street tune it and maybe go up one in the front if it’s not stock already. clutch was starting to slip after a couple of runs. The zx10r has 3 tunes on it. 172 whp standard flash, 182whp custom tune and 190 whp mr12 custom tune. All numbers are from same dyno same day

View attachment 1620357

View attachment 1620358
Did you dyno the hayabusa yet?

My other stock motor bike on pump gas with all the same mods made 165whp. Bike trapped 142 in the quarter mile. The zx10r trapped 145 146 in the quarter. The video shows how awesome torque is at the start but you need horsepower to continue. We will have a rematch with the busa on mr12. That should help the busa a good amount. Trying to get the zx10r owner to gear is bike more towards stock to see how the 2 bikes compare at high speeds. Does the busa aero help enough up top to beat newer bikes?

You did good man how did you drop so much weight from the Hayabusa?

I took off one front rotor and brake caliper, rear brake delete, full exhaust, big air box mod, light weight battery and delete the oil cooler. The biggest problem with the Hayabusa is the transmission gearing. I have been looking for a way to change that. But I haven’t found anything yet. 1st gear is to short compared to the liter bikes.

Make sure you put an 05 or newer timing chain tensioner on that thing. That has a spring loaded non hydro assist tensioner on it. I’ve seen many 99-02’s eat valves with the tensioner fails.

Thanks for the heads up. I didn’t know that about the chain tensioner. Im on the fence on what I want to do with the bike. Might keep it stock bore and do head and cam or do a stage one turbo kit.

I just got my power commander back from dyno jet. Hope to get this thing to the track on the 18th. Sometime this week I will get a tune made for nitrous for the bike on pump gas. Also will be trying to make some street hit with the bike soon. It’s probably to long the way it sits now. If it can’t hook I will shorten it up after the track and also get some more rolls In with the bmw s1000rr

I decided to put this bike in street mode. Did some dragy times today and was really disappointed. I hope it’s the weather killing some power. Bike runs strong and it hangs with a lot of bikes around MN. I will do some more pulls this weekend with better weather and see if it goes faster. Also did some street hits which I have to see they went pretty well. Waiting on my ignition module from dyno jet so I can pull some timing on the bottle and kill the spark for the quick shifter. Really hope it goes in the 3s on the bottle.

FF04AF4D-2181-427F-B154-9B59592B0FEC.png

AD4CED20-4998-47A1-A2E0-1FA946568B99.png

I got the nitrous working on the bike and this is just a 45 shot fogging the air box. Going to up it to a 60 shot and take 2 degrees of timing out. Should be just fine on pump gas. Probably start spraying it at 6000 rpms instead of 7000rpms. That should help get the bike into the 3.xx.

5629D88E-64F1-4CF8-908A-52BB52F2F909.png

Back