BUSA vs. TRAIN

ozz

Donating Member
Registered
I rode up to Oregon again, 479 miles one way, the same trip I have mae many times..... heres a couple pics

9_18_06_oregon_1__2_.jpg

i hope you are not planning on racing the train, it was built for speed. nice pictures.

Thanks for the pics. My mom lives in Yreka, which is on the California side, about 45 minutes from Medford on HWY 5. I love that area.

(Red05 @ Sep. 24 2006,06:14) Thanks for the pics. My mom lives in Yreka, which is on the California side, about 45 minutes from Medford on HWY 5. I love that area.
good call, yep, Yreka just over state line....awsome scenery thru there
beerchug.gif

ya that was from my trip to merlin last weekend....soon the weather will change and i will have to wait till next spring for that ride again......
beerchug.gif

ya know,  as i look at it im struck at how crude the casting's are of the boiler, and it seems that every bolt is coated with a heavey film......your riding thru the woods and then. out of know where,  pops out this train, that, although it seems curude, it also seems modern by the fact that it is so isolated.....

for those that lived around here in the days when the train was the latestest thing,  it must of seemed like the busa of the day.....a high speed transport , taking you from one end of the valley to another, and then, on up to the mountains...,

Where the train would take days, the busa only takes hours...those are the hours i cheris.....just me and the busa, for mile after mile, eating up the rode and only stopping for gas and that occasional, well, you know, i gotta go break.

HERE COMES WINTER ....damn...it will be some time before i make the journey again , but, the time spent waiting makes the trip seem like fine wine...

Now you know why they call it "The winter blues". But, there is nothing more exciting then taking that first spring ride!!

Back