Busa vs Kawi H2 SX

Mathewrussell52

Registered
A 2018 busa is a 10 year old bike with different colors and abs. They can’t charge the $18,000 price tag. The next gen will if it ever happens. It’s anazing they still compare these bikes to the latest and greatest and they are still competive. If you were to eliminate the cool factor of the supercharger the busa would be rated better.
I am suprised they are same size and weight is very close. Would expect the kaw to be way lighter.

1busa

Registered
Only thing on thst list h2sx has is aluminum wheels. And a supercharger and tons of cool electronics.
That’s actually a lot.....:D

Kinda like saying the only thing that separates my trailer from your Condo is more rooms and an ocean side view:rolleyes:

Motorcycles have been motorcycles for quite some time. Frame, engine, and 2 wheels...... So it’s the little things that separate a bike from 2008 and 2018. Body styling, electronics, suspension, engine performance etc. Not to say that a seasoned rider on a 10 year old bike couldn’t embarrass a squid on a brand new 1. But you can’t tell me that the same rider under the same riding conditions will post idientical times on bikes 10 years apart.

jellyrug

Donating Member
Registered
This kinda shows how the Busa has fallen behind on the latest greatest 1K bikes, but still not bad for a 20 year old platform.

Different folks different strokes, but if I wanted a race bike which really comes to it's own on the track it would be the new V4 Ducati, if I wanted a bike which is reliable, comfortable and has more than a few seconds of jail time performance on the street, nothing beats the current Gen II Busa.

Between the ages of 16 and 24 years old I lost 8 of my 9 lives on motorrcycles and stopped riding. I started riding again when my last kid finished college and I was 50 and with a bit more maturity I have had no close calls as i ride responsibly. That said, it beats me why anyone would need Titanium pipes, Ohlins suspension, improved brakes etc. for every day street riding.

If you want a real motorcycle rush, there are two ways to get it. One, go to the track, two go ride single track trails on a dirt bike. The street is the last place to go look for that and an H2 will not even feature on the bottom of my list.

ali123

Banned
electronics are for the birds....
This kinda shows how the Busa has fallen behind on the latest greatest 1K bikes, but still not bad for a 20 year old platform.

Different folks different strokes, but if I wanted a race bike which really comes to it's own on the track it would be the new V4 Ducati, if I wanted a bike which is reliable, comfortable and has more than a few seconds of jail time performance on the street, nothing beats the current Gen II Busa.

Between the ages of 16 and 24 years old I lost 8 of my 9 lives on motorrcycles and stopped riding. I started riding again when I was 50 and with a bit more maturity I have had no close calls as i ride responsibly. That said, it beats me why anyone would need Titanium pipes, Ohlins suspension, improved brakes etc. for every day street riding.

If you want a real motorcycle rush, there are two ways to get it. One, go to the track, two go ride single track trails on a dirt bike. The street is the last place to go look for that and an H2 will not even feature on the bottom of my list.

some people just like nice things and nice builds(ohlins and titanium pipes).... nobody NEEDS a corvette either... and as far as going to tracks to get a rush... are u crazy? some people(like me) work soooo often that its trough to find even a few hours a week to do this.... and im not alone... we all end up in the street throwing down at 2 am... that's how it goes... street racing has a long and sordid history... but nevertheless a history...… stunting has one also.. just because one doesn't understand it doesn't mean its not gonna happen or its the worst idea ever...

jellyrug

Donating Member
Registered
electronics are for the birds....

some people just like nice things and nice builds(ohlins and titanium pipes).... nobody NEEDS a corvette either... and as far as going to tracks to get a rush... are u crazy? some people(like me) work soooo often that its trough to find even a few hours a week to do this.... and im not alone... we all end up in the street throwing down at 2 am... that's how it goes... street racing has a long and sordid history... but nevertheless a history...… stunting has one also.. just because one doesn't understand it doesn't mean its not gonna happen or its the worst idea ever...
Hey, Ali is talking to me again.:banana:

Read my post again, you missed what I did when I was young and pretty like you. The thing is, in my profession I could lose my licence to practice if I end up with a felony for doing 100mph on the street and it simply is not worth the risk at where I am in life today. But yes, I use to be young and stupid 30 years ago, in a country where you could get away with a whole lot more than the USA allows. Since then I have raised two kids, both educated, successful and making beyond 6 figure salaries. If you ever get there, you will understand how life changes our outlook.

ali123

Banned
Hey, Ali is talking to me again.:banana:

Read my post again, you missed what I did when I was young and pretty like you. The thing is, in my profession I could lose my licence to practice if I end up with a felony for doing 100mph on the street and it simply is not worth the risk at where I am in life today. But yes, I use to be young and stupid 30 years ago, in a country where you could get away with a whole lot more than the USA allows. Since then I have raised two kids, both educated, successful and making beyond 6 figure salaries. If you ever get there, you will understand how life changes our outlook.
im my profession... I will lose my job also.... its either in a person or it isn't...… like boxing... a person either had the ballz to get in that ring in their underwear and possibly humiliated or they don't..... most don't.

jellyrug

Donating Member
Registered
im my profession... I will lose my job also.... its either in a person or it isn't...… like boxing... a person either had the ballz to get in that ring in their underwear and possibly humiliated or they don't..... most don't.
How many stripes does that earn you?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Twobrothersbusa A famous Busa...uh, I mean Kawi aka Flicka! Random Thoughts 7
B Busa vs. Kawi anybody ever raced or seen them race??? General Bike Related Topics 34
E kawi convert -- mods to look for in Busa Busa problems 9
S Proud Busa owner in Hamburg DE New Owners Forum 13
B New Busa in MO New Owners Forum 28
C 2004 busa idles fast/hanging idle Busa problems 38
K Busa Problem! General Bike Related Topics 5
B 02 Busa jerks on 2nd gear Busa problems 1
P 2006 Busa. Engine dies at 75 mph Busa problems 5
4 405 Busa Boi New Owners Forum 17
Skywalker Hit & Run Busa General Bike Related Topics 7
B First time busa owner in TN!!! New Owners Forum 12
kml Church and Busa General Bike Related Topics 14
C First time Busa owner from KY! New Owners Forum 17
WuzzaCBXRider Sad news of a Busa rider from another site General Bike Related Topics 3
E GEN 1 Dual Exhaust - For Sale - New Two Brothers M2 Black Series Bolt On Busa 99 - 07 Motor and Exhaust 0
S Restore 2000 Busa Pay It Forward - Members helping Members 9
rubbersidedown Busa riding cops give up on H-D,BMW,Yam,Victory etc. Random Thoughts 6
9 Making the busa sing 2night Maintenance and Do-It-Yourself 8
08BusaKY Color a Busa or another bike... General Bike Related Topics 2
T Busa jerky throttle Busa problems 4
G 2001 busa fuel pump General Bike Related Topics 2
mabupa Busa and toilet paper package deal! Off Topic 9
B 2000 busa fuel problem General Bike Related Topics 3
P Busa Noob Gen II Busa Information 22
T 200 busa won't start wont turn over Busa problems 21
Turbo Bob Swapping Gen 2 Busa Engine Into BKing? Engine and Performance mods 1
B Busa cut off at 100+mph Busa problems 16
K-Clive Toronto Sport Tour Busa Showcase Forums 5
H 2000 Busa ECM replacement General Bike Related Topics 7
c10 Making gym equipment from left over Busa parts Off Topic 2
B Busa exhaust question General Bike Related Topics 2
Birdoprey Big valved head on Turbo Busa? Turbo 10
S busa gen2 gas tank? Appearance mods 0
rubbersidedown WE have the Biker Boyz movie for Busa owners,here's one for WuzzaCBXRider Random Thoughts 4
B 2010 Busa fuel prime issue.. General Bike Related Topics 5
J Hello fellow newbie on a Busa from New York New Owners Forum 31
Skywalker Busa vx ZX1400 Comparrison... very good General Bike Related Topics 18
R New Busa, New Exhaust General Bike Related Topics 22
rubbersidedown OK,so you cant hold up yer beloved 2-wheeled Busa,NOT to worry General Bike Related Topics 15
Getn off Busa cray cray! Random Thoughts 5
rubbersidedown Whats with the discrimination against my Busa? Gen II Busa Information 16
rubbersidedown Seems I'm always after that elusive Busa part,like these. General Bike Related Topics 5
rubbersidedown Anybody into those ball-cut accessories for Busa? General Bike Related Topics 8
B Busa Noob Busa Mods 5
greg3852 Nitrous Busa vs...... Videos 1
greg3852 Supercharged Busa Vs Kawasaki H2? Super Chargers 5
S Any of my busa buddies live in Vegas? General Bike Related Topics 3
rubbersidedown New Busa,just read this,might be old news/fake news/? Random Thoughts 12
rubbersidedown Post up yer Busa ownership timeline General Bike Related Topics 33