Busa vs Kawi H2 SX

I’m looking at possibly a 2019 SX SE “+” for the new year.

A couple of local lads have their SE’s derestricted, 172 up to 222hp on an otherwise stock motor / quiet legal pipe etc.

I’m sure I could make a new Busa more powerful or faster in a straight line for the same money, but I like the Kwak. Everything from the full colour dash, to the electronic cruise control, to the factory luggage, to the + versions ZX10R style electronic suspension settings, very trick computer, is what a modern top end bike should have.

I may keep my Busa and B-King. They are great big bore brutes, tough as hell. The Busa motor rules the strip and dyno, but they are becoming very dated as streetbikes. I like them, but I like my other older Suzuki’s too, I don’t need to pretend they are the ultimate at everything.

Hopefully Suzuki will wake up and see that other manufacturers are moving on, the smaller MT-03, 07, 09, 10 range are very popular here too, and have the finance to back some new models, unlike the new Kat that’s a GSX-S with a detuned 13 year old GSXR engine and some odd plastics.

All the high end motorcycles are high teens low 20’s and I don’t see why Cow’s H2 should be lower than the competition?

Price a Beamer or Panigale or the New R1 or Aprillia.... All the same tech and high end components + a supercharger so idk? Maybe I’m just used to outrages Harley prices but I don’t think the H2 is overpriced

Yes you can buy a used Busa cheaper and slap a turbo on it and buy a whole bunch of premium aftermarket components but the truth of the matter is People like to keep up with the Jones’s and want the newest and shiniest thing. Not to mention this is a gotta have it right now society so someone who has the $$$ might not want to buy a used busa and all those parts and trailer it somewhere to get it built or tuned or assembled when they can just buy an H2 right @ the dealership and be done with it

All the high end motorcycles are high teens low 20’s and I don’t see why Cow’s H2 should be lower than the competition?

Price a Beamer or Panigale or the New R1 or Aprillia.... All the same tech and high end components + a supercharger so idk? Maybe I’m just used to outrages Harley prices but I don’t think the H2 is overpriced

Yes you can buy a used Busa cheaper and slap a turbo on it and buy a whole bunch of premium aftermarket components but the truth of the matter is People like to keep up with the Jones’s and want the newest and shiniest thing. Not to mention this is a gotta have it right now society so someone who has the $$$ might not want to buy a used busa and all those parts and trailer it somewhere to get it built or tuned or assembled when they can just buy an H2 right @ the dealership and be done with it
point taken... but the h2 can only be taken so far

point taken... but the h2 can only be taken so far

..... and that’s never going to be as far as a Busa.

But..... 220hp from a quick ECU flash is plenty for a sports tourer for folk who stay away from the strip and just want a useable roadbike without heavy mods.

After the H2, H2R, H2 Carbon, H2 SX, SE and + I did wonder if there’d be a naked bike version. Aprilia, KTM, BMW all make full on Super-Nakeds and it wouldn’t be beyond imagination for Kwak to build one to try and rule that class. Maybe a H2 version of the B-King but not so ugly... LOL

But..... 220hp from a quick ECU flash is plenty for a sports tourer for folk who stay away from the strip and just want a useable roadbike without heavy mods.

After the H2, H2R, H2 Carbon, H2 SX, SE and + I did wonder if there’d be a naked bike version. Aprilia, KTM, BMW all make full on Super-Nakeds and it wouldn’t be beyond imagination for Kwak to build one to try and rule that class. Maybe a H2 version of the B-King but not so ugly... LOL
220 hp is impressive on a stock bike... or any bike... the price point makes the bike a toy for the well to do.

I think even Kawasaki has seen the light and after they achieved street dominancy, they decided to go after the sport touring market. I don't believe any other motorcycle manufacturer will surpass the H2 in stock form-there is a very small market for a bike that exceeds the speeds it can go and everyone knows it.

There is a market for a relatively light sport touring bike though and they have set their sights on that.

The whole H2 line is not very eye appealing in my opinion though, I'm not a big fan of the angular design they have.

Last edited:
Just got off the phone to my local H2 dealership. They currently have the SE at AU$34,500. They said the 2019 SE+ will be listed at AU$38,000.

I do like them, but that’s 27,000 US$.

I looked hard at the H2 SX its power / weight non flashed is 172 hp / 573 lb wet = no difference to bird @ 175 hp / 586 wet . However you get center stand , luggage , cruise control . All Win win for touring .
Valve adjustments look easy on this compared to ZX14 / C14's as the ram air on them is not present on the H2's going over the valve cover blocking access . 220 HP sounds great ! My concern is reliability at that power level . We all know a Hayabusa has zero issues at 230 hp and even a little more without having to start beefing up parts .

Just to consider my bird has luggage / cruise control electronic / and lots of mods , and price wise i'm well over 20, K now . Bought 12,994 new USD , but its all been a little here n there . A 3.5 year build so far .
Weight 520 pounds no luggage or gear to 580 packed up for a trip with just a mere 180 hp
( more if I had it tuned 185 to 190 guess ) Ram Jam is not the fastest bird or bike by any stretch. However it would give ALL a run touring cross country in comfort , speed , reliability , fuel economy , and the COOL factor

I looked hard at the H2 SX its power / weight non flashed is 172 hp / 573 lb wet = no difference to bird @ 175 hp / 586 wet . However you get center stand , luggage , cruise control . All Win win for touring .
Valve adjustments look easy on this compared to ZX14 / C14's as the ram air on them is not present on the H2's going over the valve cover blocking access . 220 HP sounds great ! My concern is reliability at that power level . We all know a Hayabusa has zero issues at 230 hp and even a little more without having to start beefing up parts .

Just to consider my bird has luggage / cruise control electronic / and lots of mods , and price wise i'm well over 20, K now . Bought 12,994 new USD , but its all been a little here n there . A 3.5 year build so far .
Weight 520 pounds no luggage or gear to 580 packed up for a trip with just a mere 180 hp
( more if I had it tuned 185 to 190 guess ) Ram Jam is not the fastest bird or bike by any stretch. However it would give ALL a run touring cross country in comfort , speed , reliability , fuel economy , and the COOL factor
a small hidden low boost turbo ram jam would change your life..... u could get 230hp without touching the motor... 4 lbs of boost.... 100 percent reliable. http://rccturbos.com/index.php/cate...2008-230-hp-hayabusa-stage-1-turbo-kit-detail and to think ure about to spend over 2k on wheels...……………. adding50-60 hp is like losing how many pounds? lol... 100?

Last edited:
Bikes are like computers, you would need to buy one constantly to keep up to the "best."

I agree, the bike which an individual deems is their favorite is the winner in my books, whether that be a scooter or a Harley, if it makes the rider happy, it is all that matters.

It would be challenge to live on the cutting edge these days.
if u build a turbo busa…. u wont have to worry about "keeping up" anymore.... it wont be close.

if u build a turbo busa…. u wont have to worry about "keeping up" anymore.... it wont be close.
Honestly, a turbo Busa would be wasted on me, I don't ride fast anymore nor do I ride in a crowd that does.
My bike is well tuned and set up for cornering now so I am happy with what it has to offer in it's current form.
I thought of buying a "new" 2017 left over the other day but with all the aftermarket goodies on mine, a stock bike would have to be set up just like it now.

The H2 is aggressive but the power curve is not very usable. I have nothing aginst it but I love the look on loud mouth owners that reliey on money bought turn key that loses badly to a well put together/thoughtout bike that isn't the lates or greatest model. The look is I spent alot of $, got out classed, now I don't like the taste of this odd tasting humble pie. Like the guy who buy a Hellcat & thinks it's the baddest thing around because of an add claim salesman and the price. They just can't wrap their head around how the got beat by a 400hp car that is at the track every weekend and has a proven set up developed over years.

Reactions: c10
If you want to do serious mods, make big numbers and go fast in a straight line, the Busa will certainly win.

Outside of the US a lot of riders don’t use this to judge a bike.

I see no appeal in owning a bike because it’s expensive. I’m interested in the SX as it’s different, quite interesting, has some technical advances, comes well equiped as standard and is an indication of what direction a future generations of Busa’s May take. Smart ABS, full colour dash, electronic cruise control, factory luggage, smart suspension, smart phone connectivity etc.

It’s interesting that some owners always return to the “I can still beat it / my modded bike can beat it” argument. There are riders around the world who don’t judge their bikes on going fast in a straight line.

My next bike (soon) may well be another Busa. They are a great bike, a proven product and excellent value, but I’m not blinkered enough to not take the competition seriously, and view it as a changing market.

Back