My 2001 'Busa

Pit Bull

Registered
Here is a pic of the 2001 Busa I bought off of a guy on e-bay. It had 5000 original miles, has never been down, scratched, or abused in any way. The guy I bought it from was a 53 yr. old Engineer who sold the bike to get the engine rebuilt on his airplane(and to get his cert. on the plane as well). He is going to order a new 2004 Busa after getting his plane taken care of. I have put about 350 mi. on it and just love this bike!!!!! The last bike that I had was a '72 H2 750 Kawasaki 2 stroke Triple that I drag raced and I thought that it was fast (mid 10 sec 1/4 @ 115 - 117 mph) but that was with a wheelie bar and slick, etc,etc,.. This bike is much faster and HANDLES TOO!!!! Any way , here it is - I'll post more pics when it is daylight out and it can be seen better(I'll also get in on a few pic's too).

Pit Bull

misc._pics_024.jpg

Nice!

Sounds like you got a good deal.

Here I am with Busa Envy again!!!

Laterz,
Bill

Now, get those factory stickers off the tank and frame and snatch the side reflectors. These two things alone take the busa to a whole nuther level of class and style. :cool:

Bullet_004.jpg

Thanks guys for the compliments on the Busa. I think I did good getting it for $7k. BulletTrain, I am taking your advice on cleaning the looks of the bike up by removing the stickers & reflectors - what a pain in the @ss :cussing: - getting those stickers off without scratching it up! Is their any way that makes removing those pesky factory warning stickers easier. Again when I'm done detailing it and it's daylight out, I'll get more pics posted.

Pit Bull

Yeah, dude. See the sticker removal thread in the New Owner FAQ forum on this site. Lots of good tips in there. Give 'em a try. If you have any questions after reading that thread drop me a PM or post yer question. I'll be glad to help if I can. :cool:

Congratulations PitBull !!! Quick question though, I saw in the add that this bike has an automatic chain oiler ? How does that work ?

Nice, a 01 Blue/Silver. I get goose pimples every time I see one. And yours is still a virgin with the stickers and reflectors!! ;-)

Back