2001 busa

meredithm121

Registered
i need a little help gettin back on the road. i layed my bike down (2001 busa blue and silver) last november, going only about 40 mph. it landed on the left side. the slider, clutch lever, clutch shifter, left mirror, left side of the rear fairing/seat, and left fairing took the hit. i have replaced the shifter and clutch lever and started it yesterday to get it warmed up again. got mirrors now and can sand/repair minor scratches to all but the left main fairing. its not hurt too bad but im trying to learn about repairing the plastic material it is made of.
So my first question is does anybody with experience know what products to use for body filler and crack repair? What about engine oil for the oil change? Is the engine oil the same as the transmission fluid?
Ive been buying stuff from ebay but still need a seat, rear brake rotor and tires for now. any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Mike

Sorry about the lay down. The engine oil is the transmission fluid. If you are going to repair the plastics, I would use a product called Fiberfill, it is a fiberglass reinforced filler that will stay flexible. I used it with good results on cars and my wife bike. You can weld the plastic, but if you have never done that, take it to a body shop and ask about it. Hit up Goldenchild for the parts you need, I know he has stuff like ready to ship out. Oh, and welcome to the oRg!

Fiberglass mat/resin, bondo and spot putty are what I have used, and all available at your local parts store. As stated, trans and clutch use engine oil, system is tied together not separated as in Harleys. +1 on GoldenChild for parts you can't repair.

Ive been buying stuff from ebay but still need a seat, rear brake rotor and tires for now. any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Mike

Mike - several options in rear rotors. Galfer Wave is likely the most popular. Have this one in stock.

Img_2340_galfer_rear_wave_rotor_800.jpg

brokeasswhiteboy_1_800.jpg

Img_2340_galfer_rear_wave_rotor_800.jpg

brokeasswhiteboy_1_800.jpg

Back